When speaking on the phone I can still receive texts but I can't send then. It doesn't happen all the time but I believe it only happens when my phone is attempting to receive a text while I'm on the phone. This is very aggravating because I can always receive the texts but I can't always send them.
    03-12-09 05:07 PM
    Well you wouldn't be able to send an sms while you were receiving one whether you were talking on the phone or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 05:22 PM
    I realize that but the issue is that I can't send one at all sometimes. No matter how long I wait while on the phone. I don't know if you quite understood what the problem is.
    03-12-09 05:29 PM
    Yea I kno wh�t u are talkin about...I'm not sure what service u have but I have sprint and mine was doing the samething..u gone have to call the tech people and they gone reset and do sum other things on ya phone to make wit work but mine is back to not letting me send while I'm on the phone..so idk..I'm over it though

03-12-09 05:30 PM
    I don't believe it is something that can be changed. I have sprint too and I can't send while on the phone. Its kinda wierd when you think about it. I use my curve for tethering and I can txt, email, im, and even make phone calls while connected but you can't send txts while on the phone. Maybe its a curve thing. Can't remember if my 8830 did the same thing or not.
    03-17-09 04:08 AM
    I think the same signal you use to send a sms is the same that's in use while your on the phone. I don't think you can send while on the phone. Hopefully I'm wrong and if I am lemme know what to do so it will work

03-17-09 05:41 AM
    My Verizon 8830 can send and receive SMS while I am on a phone call. I've done it numerous times. We SMS while on conference calls.

There isn't anything special you have to do to make it work. I thought all CDMA phones could do it. Email and data doesn't get delivered, but SMS does. I think GSM phones have more capability in this area, but I haven't owned one in so long I can't be sure.
    03-17-09 05:51 AM
    This must be Sprint issue. It seems like it's been posted a few times and only by Sprint users.
    03-17-09 06:17 AM
    I have Verizon and mine worked fine but last night I could not reply through text to the one I just received while on the phone. Hopefully it was just a fluke, we'll see.
    03-17-09 02:08 PM
    Works fine on vzw, must be a sprint thing.
    03-17-09 02:12 PM
    just to confirm since i dont think 4 other people are enough, it works on verizon ...sorry couldnt resist, anyway buddy of mine has the new 8350i (the direct connect curve) and he can send and receive sms just fine while on a call.
    03-17-09 02:16 PM
    don't cha just love verizon? just not the price.
    03-17-09 02:18 PM
    don't cha just love verizon? just not the price.
    Yeppers. 7 years strong going with them.
    03-17-09 02:18 PM
    Well I think it has to do with your neywork.. Or notifications you might have to edit.. I receive them while on the phone

03-17-09 02:20 PM
    Its a sprint thing. Called and spoke to a sprint rep and was told that sms uses the same signal to transfer and the phone uses for service. We can still receieve emails because its running off a different type of network. But you can't take that for what its worth. It is sprint cs we are talking about.
    03-17-09 02:36 PM
    Its a sprint thing. Called and spoke to a sprint rep and was told that sms uses the same signal to transfer and the phone uses for service. We can still receieve emails because its running off a different type of network. But you can't take that for what its worth. It is sprint cs we are talking about.
    lmfao even the sprint users bash sprint. wow priceless.
    03-17-09 02:39 PM
    Well with sprint the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and the brain denies ever telling either hand to do anything. Lol. But after going through 3 curves with in 2 weeks of getting the first curve, you become kinda bitter towards sprint. I know as soon as my contract is up I'm goin to either tmobile and verizon.
    03-17-09 03:05 PM
    VERIZON! you know you wanna!
    03-17-09 03:10 PM
    just checked mine and it won't send when on the phone, it used to so I'll try a batt pull and see if it fixes it. I'm on Verizon.
    03-17-09 03:27 PM
    Yea you might wanna do that battery pull, but i can send&recieve while on the phone.
    03-17-09 03:40 PM
    With Alltel, mine will sometimes allow me to send while talking and at other times not. I'm currently in a non-Alltel area, and the phone is using Tmobile towers and I have no problem sending while talking.
    03-17-09 05:23 PM
    :-\ good luck
    03-17-09 06:48 PM
    Yeah, mine doesn't do that either. I'm sure it should work because they're both using the 1X signal, but I don't know. It must be a Sprint issue. I'm sticking with Sprint though, their value bashes any minor conveniences any day!!
    03-17-09 07:14 PM
    Im on verizon and mine does it after im on the phone for more then 15 mins, the first 15 i can send and recieve after that i can only recieve. And if youll also notice your service drops from 1xev to 1x when you lose the ability to send.
    04-26-09 03:02 PM
    I have verzion and i cant do this is it a setting.
    04-26-09 09:09 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD