So...we got these new BB Curves and haven't used a BB before. Mine is set up just fine but my husband's has been nothing but problems. Right now, he doesn't have access to internet or email. There is no browser showing up under applications. I was going to try resending the service books as suggested elsewhere, but the email settings icon isn't even there to use. What can I do? If this has been asked and answered, I apologize. I looked through as much as I could but didn't see anything like this. TIA for the help!
    09-27-08 08:02 AM
    Goto options>advanced options>host routing table and select registar now, That should reregistar that with network. You can send service book from your device also.
    09-27-08 08:05 AM
    Hmm... Have you tried registering via setting>advanced>Host Routing Table.
    To send the service books, go to settings>advanced>service books OR you man need to go to the black berry e-mail site, either the BIS or BES.

He DOES have a media plan on his account right? If so, you may need to call your phone provider and have them make sure everything is good on his account, my husband got his phone, and it was on his account, but not his account via billing, and had the same problem... (Don't ask me how, or why, but that's what AT&T said was the problem)
    09-27-08 08:07 AM
    OK...did that. It says registration message sent and the message arrived. There's still no browser or email settings though.
    09-27-08 08:08 AM
    You may need to do a batt pull to get the icons to show...

What dose the message near the service bar say? gsm edge or EDGE?
    09-27-08 08:09 AM
    Hmm... Have you tried registering via setting>advanced>Host Routing Table.
    To send the service books, go to settings>advanced>service books OR you man need to go to the black berry e-mail site, either the BIS or BES.

He DOES have a media plan on his account right? If so, you may need to call your phone provider and have them make sure everything is good on his account, my husband got his phone, and it was on his account, but not his account via billing, and had the same problem... (Don't ask me how, or why, but that's what AT&T said was the problem)

They confirmed that he has a data plan. Then again, they've screwed up everything else, so it wouldn't surprise me. FWIW...SPRINT STILL SUCKS!!!! LOL
    09-27-08 08:11 AM
    You may need to do a batt pull to get the icons to show...

What dose the message near the service bar say? gsm edge or EDGE?
    All I see is "1XEV" by the service bars (mine says the same thing, but it actually works)
    Last edited by gecko2gecko; 09-27-08 at 08:14 AM. Reason: add info
    09-27-08 08:12 AM
    Lol, sounds like AT&T... We like to never got his account figured out...
    09-27-08 08:13 AM
    All I see is "1XEV" by the service bars

Ok, I misread your phone, not too sure what the servise message should be, but I'm sure someone else on here will.

I sounds like there is no data plan... Hmm... Perhaps you can call sprint and get a level 2 tech, who knows what he is talking about.. lol
    09-27-08 08:14 AM
    Ok, this happened to me and as suggested above going to Options>Advance>Host routing table then register now didn't work for me until the tech CS had me re provision my phone and then it worked fine. So my suggestion is to call tech support (cause I can't remember how to get it to re provision) not just a plain CS they don't know about this sort of stuff.
    Last edited by MikeSweetFan; 09-27-08 at 08:39 AM.
    09-27-08 08:29 AM
    I'll do that. I'll post an update when I get it resolved. (Either that or when I run it over with the car. LOL)
    09-27-08 08:32 AM
    Hope all goes well.

(Lol, I know how you feel... we were at the same point... But I'm sure once you find the right tech, you'll have it fixed in no time)
    09-27-08 08:35 AM
    Yeah only takes about 3 mins. and It happened to me with both mine and my hubby's curve....lol
    09-27-08 08:41 AM
    I have seen this happen to so many new devices. While you have done register now and got the message try a battery reset. If you still have no ICON then there might be a mismatch of data on a relay tool that your carrier needs to check. Now for the weird part, if you have data on the device, back it up. Then perform a security wipe of the device and reset up everything again. I know a pain, but I have seen this work numerous times.

Also in your connection manager in there check the options, make sure data is turned on there.

If none of this works, ask your carrier to xfer you to RIM, if they do not get it resolved. It is most likely the device
    09-27-08 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD