I dont know why, but all of sudden, i cant select 'About' from the option menu to see my bb details. i tried turning it off and the battery pull, is there anything i could do?

i recently free-ed up my internal memory using the methods on the forum and updated the software through desktop manager, could this be the reason why?
    06-06-08 10:13 AM
    That's the reason. It's documented in both Stoner's and Clark's procedures that removing the Voice-activated Dialing module disables Help/About on OS4.3 and higher. You can get the same info by Alt-shift-H, so it's no loss of capability.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-06-08 at 10:22 AM.
    06-06-08 10:18 AM
    ahhhh, i must have missed that information. thanks for your help, i love enjoying new shortcuts.
    06-06-08 10:21 AM
    When your freeing up memory, you gotta be carfeful and read things closely when deleting things. Luckily this was just something minor.
    06-06-08 10:36 AM
    most definitely, point taken. I must have gotten carried away by all the details of what to remove and what not and didnt read all the details of the effects of it. yes im glad that this was something minor and didnt turn into a brick.

im still learning each day and enjoying my first berry. crackberry FTW!
    06-06-08 10:41 AM
    ...yes im glad that this was something minor and didnt turn into a brick...
    If you do inadvertently brick it, here's how to recover:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    06-06-08 10:45 AM
    most definitely, point taken. I must have gotten carried away by all the details of what to remove and what not and didnt read all the details of the effects of it. yes im glad that this was something minor and didnt turn into a brick.

im still learning each day and enjoying my first berry. crackberry FTW!

I have been a BB addict for almost a year now and I still learn something new almost everyday. Welcome to CB!
    06-06-08 10:46 AM
    Thanks guys, you guys were very helpful! i read many of your previous posts in different threads and it's great to have people with such knowledge helping out guys like me. It's very encouraging, keep up the great work guys!
    06-06-08 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD