I haven't made any changes lately so I'm not sure what happened. I have a vzw 8330 activated on BES. For some reason I cannot save new Addres Book entries. Here's the scenario: Long lost friend calls, we talk, and after conversation I want to save their number. So I hit the send button, up comes my call log. I highlight their number, hit BB button and choose 'Add to Address Book'. Proper screen opens, I type in their name and then hit the BB button and select 'Save', but it doesn't save. It just goes back to their "entry". So then I try to hit the exit button, it tells me "changes made" and gives me the option to save. I select Save, and the prompt disappers. But the entry never saves. I have tried battery pulls, etc. doesn't work. I even tried re-loading the OS, nothing. It appears the only way I can save a new entry is to go into Outlook on my computer, save it there, and wait for it to sync.
    Anyone experience this ever?
    04-27-10 08:16 PM
    When you try to save the contact info, do you get an odd-sounding error message, something like "Address Book updated internally and externally; changes will be lost."
    04-27-10 08:53 PM
    Thanks for the reply.
    No, I do not get any error message. The device simply acts like it is saving the entry, but then doesn't.
    04-27-10 08:55 PM
    Actually, it's good that you don't have that error message, because I've seen it before and don't know a general solution for it. Is it possible that your IT admins have changed your IT policy so that you can't make changes to the Address Book on the BlackBerry?
    04-27-10 09:41 PM
    I will ask them today, but I seriously doubt it. The only thing I can think of was there was recently an update to the CRM software I have on my device. That may be causing this. Have you every heard of this happening before?
    04-28-10 06:40 AM
    I have not heard of your specific error before. Assuming your CRM software interfaces with your Address Book, that update could be the source of the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD