Hi, I am new to the forums and I have made it so far using search without having to post lol. But I have run into a problem saving my pictures. Here is the problem.

Curve 8830 through Sprint

The current file ive used is called "Device Memory" (default folder) where I store all my images. But when I try to save another image it says "memory full" ... or something like that. So I go into options and see that I can change the storage from 12MB to 15MB which only allows me to save a few more images I believe. But when I bought the phone I also added an 8 gig memory card which they installed for me. So how do I utilize that extra space ? Do I need to create a new file for this memory. Im sorry I do not understand this ...

Thanks,
    Inertia
    12-02-08 05:15 PM
    Get an SD card and move all the pictures to that. Also then default the camera to save to the card. You will happier and your device will run better
    12-02-08 05:18 PM
    Yes, but they installed an 8 gig card like I mentioned above. How do I save the images to that ?
    12-02-08 05:22 PM
    In the media icon press menu and select explore. From in there, you move from the device to the sd card memory. In the camera hit menu and options, and make sure it says save to memory card.
    12-02-08 05:26 PM
    Thanks, moved all images to the card. Is there a shortcut to that ? seems like alot of steps.
    12-02-08 05:41 PM
    First time I do not think so. I know on the storm you can see both device and card in Mass storage mode. I will have ti check the curve again. TOo lazy to hook it up right now. Once on the card though you can cut and paste or drag and drop to the computer or the card.
    12-02-08 05:52 PM
    Well, I am trying to move the pictures I have on the internal memory to the SD card.I have a 2g card but it says it is only 3% full. How exactly do you move pictures because right now I go into Camera>pictures>menu on a picture>move>device memory>move here. It tells me file system full. What am I doing wrong? I followed the steps is post #4 above. When I go into media>explore, It shows media card and device memory with a green check on the media card folder. Am I thinking this backwards? When I go into media>pictures>mypictures, is teh blackberry folder the media card (it has a green check) and the device memory the internal memory? If so, I am moving them the wrong way. I guess basically I cant figure out which folder is the memory card. Thanks!
    12-28-08 09:06 AM
    I think you are going about moving the correctly. THe problem is there is not enough memory left for the device to move them. You might have delete one or two of them to free up the memory. Or you can email one or two to yourself then delete them.

In explore you should see both a folder called media card and one called device memory
    12-28-08 09:12 AM
    Yes, I see both folders, the device memory one is 98% used and the media card one is 3% used. Does the green check on the media card folder mean it is the default folder now. I know I set it to be, just curious if that's what the check means. So should I be individuall moving pictures from the device memory folder to the blackberry folder or the blackberry folder to the device memory folder?
    12-28-08 09:30 AM
    The media should be formated and have folders on it. Move them from the device memory to the SD card folder called pictures.

As for the green arrow not really sure about that. Mine is the same with the green arrow, but has not efect on what you are trying to do.
    12-28-08 09:45 AM
    If you are trying to move them onto the card, then you need to select the card instead of selecting Device Memory when you are moving them. Then select Move Here or Move Into depending upon where you want them to go.
    12-28-08 09:53 AM
    Hi, I am new to the forums and I have made it so far using search without having to post lol. But I have run into a problem saving my pictures. Here is the problem.

Curve 8830 through Sprint

The current file ive used is called "Device Memory" (default folder) where I store all my images. But when I try to save another image it says "memory full" ... or something like that. So I go into options and see that I can change the storage from 12MB to 15MB which only allows me to save a few more images I believe. But when I bought the phone I also added an 8 gig memory card which they installed for me. So how do I utilize that extra space ? Do I need to create a new file for this memory. Im sorry I do not understand this ...

Thanks,
    Inertia
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You are on the right track. The plan is to save pictures and video to the media card, not the device memory.

The setting is: Camera / Options. Set Store Pictures to "On media card"

Unfortunatly, the OS released with the 8330 does not retain that setting through a restart. You will have to manualy check it every time you are taking pictures.

This bug has been fixed in the later OS releases.

In the mean time, use Media / Explore to manualy move images out of device memory.

You can use a computer to assist if you install BlackBerry Desktop Software with Roxio Media Manager. That will allow you to move files between the two different memory stores and the computer.
    12-28-08 11:13 AM
    Ok I think I got it thanks. I didn't realize I had to check it every time I took a picture. That's nuts about it changing after a restart.
    12-28-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD