When I first got my Curve 8330 it worked well for a few days but then suddenly I lost the browser and email setup icons. I took it back to Verizon Wireless, they did their thong, and all was well.

When I later attempted to use the email things did not go so well. I could not use my BB email account. I removed it and created a new account. This is where it gets good. Everything works fine. My problem is that the original BB email address is still in there. It is not under the options where you might delete it but it shows up in applications. For example: when entering a new appointment or meeting in the calendar it shows up as a selection.

This isn't hurting anything but it is driving me nuts. It's supposed to be gone.

Where is it? How do I completely remove it?

Milt
    07-05-08 08:33 PM
    Pull the Battery with the device on and after 30 seconds, replace it.

If it is still there when it boots up, send the service books:

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, menu key, Register Now
    07-05-08 08:39 PM
    Milt10,

Make sure that under options, adv options, service book, there is no entry for the email you do not want. If there is, delete it. Then log into your bis account (I'm assuming that's what you're on) and make sure only the email you do want is listed. Then resend the service book. After yoiu get the confirmation, do a battery pull and all should be well. This worked for me in a similar situation. Hope it helps you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 08:41 PM
    Pull the Battery with the device on and after 30 seconds, replace it.

If it is still there when it boots up, send the service books:

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, menu key, Register Now
    Tyroni:
    I tried what you said but it did not clear the email address.
    After trying Aristocles' recommendation I pulled the battery again.

Milt10,

Make sure that under options, adv options, service book, there is no entry for the email you do not want. If there is, delete it. Then log into your bis account (I'm assuming that's what you're on) and make sure only the email you do want is listed. Then resend the service book. After yoiu get the confirmation, do a battery pull and all should be well. This worked for me in a similar situation. Hope it helps you.

Aristocles:
    Tyroni's idea didn't seem to help. Tried yours next but it was still there as well. I decided to pull the battery again. The rebel email was gone.
    I don't which idea actually did the trick because it evidently needed a battery pull when it was all done.

Thank both of you for your imput. The botton line is that it is gone.

Thanks,
    Milt
    07-06-08 10:34 AM
    Aristocles,
    I was having a similar problem and your fix worked like a charm. Thanks for the info!
    09-08-08 11:04 AM
    Milt10,

AWESOME..THANKS SO MUCH
    09-22-08 09:39 AM
    worked like a charm, thanks so much!
    09-25-08 10:40 AM
    I would first delete all service books except provisioning... then reboot and resend service books!
    11-07-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD