Hi. I'm having a problem with my mom's Verizon 8330. I just switched it via the online ESN changer from an 8703e and I can't connect to the data network. I will get 1xev and then it will switch to 1x. Everytime I go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table> BB Key> Register Now, i just get the notification that the registration message has been sent, but the HRT remains blank. I've changed the BIS pin online, sent, sent, and resent service books, but it remains with no BIS coverage. I've reloaded os 5.0.484 three times, tried security wipes, but all to no avail. Should I trash it or is there anything else i can try .
    06-01-10 07:17 PM
    Have you tried provisioning. Menu/Options/Mobile Network/Menu, select Start Provisioning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 07:22 PM
    Have you tried provisioning. Menu/Options/Mobile Network/Menu, select Start Provisioning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't have that option. Is that like *228 Programming? I've done it several times.
    06-01-10 07:26 PM
    That's a Sprint thing. Verizon doesn't use that.

Sounds like the device did not get activated on the network and/or on the BIS.

When you say that you "changed the BIS pin online", I am presuming that you logged in to your mom's BIS page and used the "Change Device" function. Is that correct?

Did she have the BlackBerry Data Plan on her account with the old device?

Are you in a data coverage area?
    06-01-10 07:59 PM
    That's a Sprint thing. Verizon doesn't use that.

Sounds like the device did not get activated on the network and/or on the BIS.

When you say that you "changed the BIS pin online", I am presuming that you logged in to your mom's BIS page and used the "Change Device" function. Is that correct?

Did she have the BlackBerry Data Plan on her account with the old device?

Are you in a data coverage area?

Yes i went to Blackberry.com/go/vzw and logged in using her username and changed the device's PIN.

She had the data plan on her old device and used email and web daily.

My Verizon Tour and my friends Verizon 7250 both show 1XEV, so we have data coverage here.

I also just tried reloading OS 4.5 from verizon's OS download page, but still the same issue.

I'm thinking there is something wrong hardware wise with the device?
    06-01-10 08:17 PM
    Is it a new device? If not, was it working before for someone?

Does it show up on the MyVerizon page?

You might need to give Tech Support a call.
    06-01-10 09:16 PM
    I went on My Verizon and changed the line to an old razr and then back to the BlackBerry and instantly it got its Host Routing Table. So if anyone else is having that problem, change to a non BlackBerry device and then back.
    06-04-10 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD