I was on the phone and the person asked me for a number. Since I do not have the number stored but was called from that number. I went to call log but it brought me back to the phone call screen instead of showing me the log.

Is there a feature or option I can use to show log while on a phone call?

Has this happened to anyone else?
    07-08-08 12:41 PM
    hmmmm

i guess it makes since cuz the call log logs all ur calls and if ur in a call, thats what its gonna show u i guess.

only solution i can think for this is just call they guy back after u copy and pasted the number to mempad or somethin, no idear.
    07-08-08 12:45 PM
    While on a call, hit the Back/escape key, select ok when asked if you want to continue the call and go to the home screen, go to your messages folder, hit menu, view folder, Phone Call Logs.
    07-08-08 12:47 PM
    That's what I did and it took it back to the current phone call screen.

That's exactly what I attempted during the phone call.
    07-08-08 12:50 PM
    I had to try this myself! You really can't do it!!! I never realized this, guess I only tried from my address book....
    07-08-08 12:51 PM
    I just tested it twice on my Curve, worked for me - sorry.
    07-08-08 12:52 PM
    If you go to the phone option while you are in a call it will take you back to your call because that is what your phone is doing at that time. There is no real way to look up a number that is in your log while you are in a call. I could be wrong but it's pretty standard, because you are in a call your phone will show that and not your log.
    07-08-08 12:52 PM
    chaz is the phone call logs folder different then the call log screen? dont have my curve yet to of course you kno better then me, just wonderin

edit: ok already established its not workin for other people.

this is a stumper.
    07-08-08 12:53 PM
    Maybe its a Verizon prank, to make you use more of your minutes by having to call the person back.
    07-08-08 12:54 PM
    Maybe its a Verizon prank, to make you use more of your minutes by having to call the person back.
    actually, it would use less minutes since you hung up and arent expending while searching for the number.

but i just tried on mine, and yes, you can access the log folder.

while in a call, go to messages > menu > view folders > call log
    Last edited by oakie; 07-08-08 at 01:05 PM.
    07-08-08 01:02 PM
    Works for me. Although the folders seperate missed calls from actual calls which show together in the call log. Would be strange for this to be different on the various Curve models.
    07-08-08 01:04 PM
    True. Guess I was thinking about the whole:

It makes a difference if lets say that you are on the phone call for 3:02 minutes, you are being charged 4 minutes as opposed to 3 minutes because it went over the 0:59 classification of a minute.

So I guess if you hang up at 3:02 to call the person back, you are being charged 4 minutes for the previous call and starting up a minute when you call back.

Sorry but I keep close supervision on my minutes after paying almost 100 dollars more for going over on my birthday month....lol....
    07-08-08 01:08 PM
    True. Guess I was thinking about the whole:

It makes a difference if lets say that you are on the phone call for 3:02 minutes, you are being charged 4 minutes as opposed to 3 minutes because it went over the 0:59 classification of a minute.

So I guess if you hang up at 3:02 to call the person back, you are being charged 4 minutes for the previous call and starting up a minute when you call back.

Sorry but I keep close supervision on my minutes after paying almost 100 dollars more for going over on my birthday month....lol....
    maybe it could be two, 2 minute calls, but by searching your phone without hanging up, it turns into one 5 minute call. but if you're worried about 1 or 2 minutes, you should consider downgrading your add-ons maybe.
    07-08-08 01:10 PM
    I don't see how it would be a verizon prank. Messages > menu > view folders > call log works just fine during a call for me too, and I have verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 01:13 PM
    Hm.

Are actually looking at your call log or are you looking at your message folder because you have the setting for the call log to appear on your message folder?

Hm, maybe I should try this again and again and do a reset and see if that works for me.
    07-08-08 01:15 PM
    While on a call, hit the Back/escape key, select ok when asked if you want to continue the call and go to the home screen, go to your messages folder, hit menu, view folder, Phone Call Logs.
    Just do exactly as I said above, and it should work. I don't think this is a carrier-dependent option, but I could be wrong.
    07-08-08 01:17 PM
    Hm.

Are actually looking at your call log or are you looking at your message folder because you have the setting for the call log to appear on your message folder?

Hm, maybe I should try this again and again and do a reset and see if that works for me.
    i gave you the exact steps, in order, to find your logs folder while in a call. if you can spare the minutes, go test it.
    07-08-08 01:17 PM
    actually, it would use less minutes since you hung up and arent expending while searching for the number.

but i just tried on mine, and yes, you can access the log folder.

while in a call, go to messages > menu > view folders > call log
    I did it exactly as you said and it takes me back to the phone call instead of the log.

when I click on the call log, it shows me the phone call.

Maybe your your settings are different, I don't have an option to "view folders", they simply show and then when I clicking phone log brings me back to the phone call.
    07-08-08 01:26 PM
    oh wait, after 3 times, I finally was able to see it.

Thanks oakie. Its hard to think straight when frustrated.
    07-08-08 01:27 PM
    Does anyone know if its possible to schedule an SMS text?

what I mean, is that I write the text now but schedule it to send at 9pm or some other time.

would it be possible to schedule for another day perhaps? Or is SMS on real time and can only be sent at the moment you press send?
    07-08-08 01:29 PM

Glad to see you got it.
    07-08-08 01:30 PM

no need to get flustered. next time, if you have to test something during a call and your minutes/bill has you stressed, test it while calling customer service.
    07-08-08 01:30 PM
    Are my posts showing up????
    07-08-08 01:31 PM
    Does anyone know if its possible to schedule an SMS text?

what I mean, is that I write the text now but schedule it to send at 9pm or some other time.

would it be possible to schedule for another day perhaps? Or is SMS on real time and can only be sent at the moment you press send?
    nope. real time only. i think a blogger just ranted about this recently, either on here or on berryreview.com
    Are my posts showing up????
    i think yours were just timed wrong where she'd refresh and push past it.
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD