Well today it happened again. First time was last Friday...someone calls and I answer and I can't hear them...dead silence in the ear peice. They call back again and the same thing. I then give up and call from my home phone and they said they could here me saying "Hello" but I couldn't hear them.

So I did a reset and pulled the battery and all was well until today. Again I get a phone call (from a different person) and the same thing. This time I tried calling them back and the phone says connected and its counting the seconds but I can't hear the ringing when its calling them nor when they answer. Again...pull the battery and all is well.

Anyone having this issue with their phone or am I the only lucky one?

Did a little searching and digging and I see that the Pearls had and probably still have this problem with MMS text messages that have sound and I was wondering if anyone with a Curve has this problem?

Here are two threads in which pearls have the same issues...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/med...problem-26692/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/can...s-voice-25152/

Anyone want to test it for me on their Curve to see if its not only mine? Send me a PM.
    05-14-08 11:09 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. I was actually considering returning the phone. Since it appears I'm not alone I'll hold off on the return.
    05-15-08 12:30 AM
    I've heard of this problem but don't know of a solution. My only suggestion that I can give is to make sure that the OS on the phone is up to date.
    05-15-08 12:44 AM
    Glad to see I'm not the only one (not like its a good thing in a way). I think its a Verizon software issue with the BB's.

Also as far as I know my phone is up to date as of last Thursday when I ran the latest release from VZW website.

Also I tested it with the same MMS message to my coworkers few days old VZW Curve and it did the samething. Pulled the battery and the phone works again. I really hope that VZW/RIM is aware of this "glitch/issue"
    05-15-08 08:01 AM
    I haven't had this problem yet. I received an MMS with sound today and my phone worked fine afterwards.
    I'm running 4.3.0.127

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 03:03 PM
    I had the same exact problem. Thought my phone was ****. I didn't realize until reading these that this is a common happening. Hope there is a fix for it soon.
    05-15-08 04:45 PM
    I had this problem with my Pearl, and with my Curve. Never noticed a correlation between MMS and having the problem, though. Seems to just be random for me...
    05-22-08 07:09 AM
    I had this problem with my Pearl, and with my Curve. Never noticed a correlation between MMS and having the problem, though. Seems to just be random for me...

I'm in the same boat, it happened with my pearl and my now my cureve, but it seems to be a random thing, not related to MMS with sound or anything.
    05-22-08 10:06 AM
    I just experienced the same problem with my verizon curve that is only one week old. My OS is the same as listed above claiming not to have this problem. Who should this be reported to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 07:04 PM
    I'm new to the site and to the Blackberry phones . I purchased a Curve about two weeks ago and it was doing the same thing. I actually returned the phone and got a new one. Did not even have the phone 24hrs. and already the same thing ! Just seems to be random as others have said.
    10-12-08 08:55 AM
    THisis a known issue with VZW. SHould be resolved when 4.5 is released. Please do not ask for a release date as it is not known. Rumor is soon though
    10-12-08 09:00 AM
    I also had this problem on my T-Mobile Curve 8320 with OS 4.22.180. It could be related to the volume setting being reset too low, due to a Default Call Volume of "Previous. "

Used this workaround and I have not re-experienced the problem

Open Call Log

Press Menu button and select Options

Select General Options

Change Default Call Volume from "Previous" to 75% (or a percentage of your choosing)

Hope this helps someone!
    10-19-08 10:42 PM
    i have the same problem with my curve, but also had this problem with my older phone witch was a verizon alias.
    12-04-08 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD