Hi everyone, I've looked all over the net for an answer and come up empty handed.

I have a 8330 from Sprint and whenever I try to run youtube (including m.youtube.com), tinytube, break.com, etc, I get an error that says "Media being played is of an unsupported format" message. I've tried a battery pull, setting the audio boost to off, setting the emulation mode to blackberry, checking all the browser option, and I've even upgraded my OS from 4.3 to 4.5, NOTHING WORKS. I get the same message every time. There HAS to be something I'm missing. If anyone can help me out, I'll be grateful.
    10-07-08 01:19 PM
    Did you try simply youtube.com? Youtube works fine for me using 4.5. and the BB browser.
    10-07-08 01:29 PM
    Did you try simply youtube.com? Youtube works fine for me using 4.5. and the BB browser.
    Sorry to the OP...but...

Your saying you can watch youtube videos straight from youtube?...not...m.youtube?...

Thanks...
    10-07-08 01:54 PM
    Sorry to the OP...but...

Your saying you can watch youtube videos straight from youtube?...not...m.youtube?...

Thanks...
    No, what he is talking about is, you can tyype in youtube.com and the browser will automatically convert to youtube mobile.

To the op. have you tried doing a battery pull
    10-07-08 02:00 PM
    No, what he is talking about is, you can tyype in youtube.com and the browser will automatically convert to youtube mobile.

To the op. have you tried doing a battery pull
    Thanks...

Thought I missed something....
    10-07-08 02:02 PM
    What I'm saying is that, I can't watch ANY streaming video, regardless of what site I go to. I've tried youtube.com, I've tried m.youtube.com, etc. The problem is NOT with the sites I'm going to, it's with my BB. There HAS to be something I'm missing. Some setting somewhere or something along those lines. All the more common solutions I've found by searching the net, I've tried. I'm figuring this site is my last hope.

tae_254: If by battery pull you mean have I tried doing a reboot by removing the battery for a minute, then yes, I've tried that several times.
    10-09-08 10:34 AM
    I know that some carriers do not support viewing of streaming video on certain handsets
    10-09-08 12:51 PM
    I know that some carriers do not support viewing of streaming video on certain handsets
    I'm with Sprint, and I've had other Sprint users tell me they have no problem watching youtube on their Curves.
    10-09-08 12:53 PM
    this is a real head scratcher. I cant be much help because Telus blackberry does not support it. apparently with the 4.5 update it will but they are not supporting the software yet (officiallly)
    10-09-08 01:21 PM
    this is a real head scratcher. I cant be much help because Telus blackberry does not support it. apparently with the 4.5 update it will but they are not supporting the software yet (officiallly)
    Tell me about it, I've been looking for an answer for days, literally scouring the internet and no one seems able to help. If I don't find the answer here, then I'm giving up hope.
    10-09-08 05:32 PM
    I'm also with Telus like an above poster, and I'm in the same boat. Just hopin' that the official 4.5 will support it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 05:35 PM
    Did you resend your service books after you upgraded your Curve's OS?

Are you able to access other websites on the Blackberry Internet browser without problems?
    10-09-08 05:36 PM
    I have this same error. I have a verizon 8330 upgraded to 4.5.0.77 and it always says unsupported media. Reallly annoying

Correction I can stream youtube just not anything else
    Last edited by cwake16; 10-09-08 at 06:26 PM.
    10-09-08 06:23 PM
    I have this same error. I have a verizon 8330 upgraded to 4.5.0.77 and it always says unsupported media. Reallly annoying

Then you're better off than me, I can't even do youtube.

motorcyclemama: I can surf the net and access any website. It's not that I can't ACCESS youtube, it's that once I do, and I try to watch a video, I get the unsupported media error.
    10-09-08 07:54 PM
    i cant watch youtube vids either and im on centennial. I click the vid and it'll open the video player but it just sits at a black screen.
    10-09-08 09:38 PM
    This seems to a problem with no real fix out there yet. However, I figure the reason is that it's only affecting a small number of people so a solution will be a lot slower to come.
    10-10-08 02:51 AM

I am in the same boat, though I can"t stream youtube.com at all. I have upgraded to the Verizon release of 4.5.0.77 and still nothing. The weird part is that I could, when I first got the 8330, watch youtube.vids, but now nada, just unsupported file type.

Does anyone know anything?
    11-04-08 01:45 PM
    You can add my TMo 8320 into the boat. I had the Official 4.5 from TMo which never let me stream youtube or Moodio, It kept saying the invalid file type, which was crud, since i used the Betas before hand and worked fine. NowI'm om .93 no luck either i get the nice "Check web address error".

But i got a feeling the carriers are just trying to screw BB users since now the phones have gotten "smarter". Bad move I feel if your gonna compete with iPhone
    11-04-08 04:03 PM
    I'm having the same problem....os 4.5 resent service books pulled battery and still no videos.

11-04-08 04:52 PM
    Try out the .102 beta OS I just migrated to it since I had trouble running Flycast, and since then it seems a lot more is working. I got break.com, youtube, Flycast n moodio up n running again... Just for how long

11-05-08 11:41 AM
    I jut added .81 and excited to see hat streaming video was supported. Im t-mobile and lke many of you I still cant stream anything!
    11-05-08 12:30 PM
    Who here has a bis-b connection, and is having issues viewing any streaming media?

I think it has to do with the restrictions of bis-b. I am on MTS in Manitoba, and can't do anything with my phone, it is frustrating, as i bought it so i could listen to a private stream from my radio stations.
    11-05-08 12:38 PM
    Are you trying to view youtube in opera or bb browser? I can view the videos by clicking the watch video link, but only in bb browser, not opera. I'm on verizon.

11-05-08 05:52 PM
    in the BB browser of course. Our providers block streaming, that's why some can't view streaming videos if they have a bis-b connection. You can be on the same provider and have a different connection, such as a BES, or Direct TCP/IP, then streaming works...
    11-06-08 12:57 PM
    That is so weird I have sprint an 8330 and I did upgrade to 4.5 but youtube works on my media palyer...strange! Sorry!
    11-06-08 07:13 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD