Ok, I searched and didn't see this issue posted so if I overlooked t forgive me.

I have a new messege icon that will not go away. I have deleted all messeges in every folder on my BB and it is still there. I have also done a battery pull and still there. Anyone know how to get this to go away?
    11-01-08 07:33 PM
    Check your missed calls.
    11-01-08 07:34 PM
    check the facebook app...
    11-01-08 07:37 PM
    Check your missed calls.
    I agree. Check your email, mms, and missed calls. If that doesn't fix it do a battery pull.

I have had this issue before and I just pull the batter to correct it.
    11-01-08 07:38 PM
    If it is a voicemail icon, call yourself or have someone else call you
    and let it go to voicemail. Then check your voicemail and it should
    go away.
    11-01-08 07:39 PM
    I agree. Check your email, mms, and missed calls. If that doesn't fix it do a battery pull.

I have had this issue before and I just pull the batter to correct it.
    Sometimes mine will do that when I have a missed call and even though I return the call the indicator stays there. I go into messages and delete the one showing missed and it goes away. Same for voicemail, I call voicemail and tell it to delete the msg and it goes away..

Julian
    11-01-08 07:44 PM
    Is it in the saved messages? Sometimes ppl accidently save them and dont know it
    11-01-08 07:46 PM
    if anything just reset, it gets rid of mine when i get one of those
    11-01-08 07:52 PM
    7 options, anything work Mike?
    11-01-08 07:58 PM
    I have deleted every messege in all folders, done a battery pull, reset everything. Not only does the yellow envelope with the 1 show up at the top, It even says when scrolling to my messege icon 1 messege. But I deleted every messege in there and every other folder. I even hit the U and the no unread messeges comes up.

P.S. The name is Penny I am just a Michael Sweet Fan.....LOL
    Last edited by MikeSweetFan; 11-01-08 at 08:11 PM.
    11-01-08 07:58 PM
    Sned yourself another message.. then mark them it as opened thru the menu key, maybe that will clear it..
    11-01-08 08:00 PM
    Any applications with alerts, like weatherbug?
    11-01-08 08:01 PM
    I have BBalerts and PeekAWho all alerts have been erased. Sent myself messege and still doesn't delete.
    Last edited by MikeSweetFan; 11-01-08 at 08:15 PM.
    11-01-08 08:13 PM
    Go into your desktop manager, and go into backup, and then go into advanced. On the right had side is a list of databases currently on your device. Scroll down until you get to SMS, and then delete it. I have had several people do this, and it seems to work the majority of the time.
    11-01-08 08:15 PM
    Go into your desktop manager, and go into backup, and then go into advanced. On the right had side is a list of databases currently on your device. Scroll down until you get to SMS, and then delete it. I have had several people do this, and it seems to work the majority of the time.
    Thats right!
    I had to do that when backing up the other day, it kept getting stuck on browser cache, I noticed I had 2 items in there, deleted them and proceeded with the back up.
    11-01-08 08:17 PM
    This usually works, however, I find when this situation comes up, the OP always finds the message eventually. Did you unhide all folders? Are you sure you checked every option?
    11-01-08 08:18 PM
    This usually works, however, I find when this situation comes up, the OP always finds the message eventually. Did you unhide all folders? Are you sure you checked every option?
    Yeah, but occasionally it is just a corrupt database. So instead of the OP just giving up and reinstalling the OS, they should try deleting the database first.
    11-01-08 08:22 PM
    I did delete EVERY messege in every folder. I went in DM like was said and ther ewere 2 in sms database deleted them no avail. However there were 16 in the messege database even though no message on phone and I deleted them and it worked! Thanks!!
    11-01-08 08:35 PM
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and to the Blackberry Curve as well, just got it on Oct 31st. Loving it so far, but I too am having the same issue with it showing 2 unread messages, yet I have deleted all of them. I did however update my software from 4.3 to 4.5 late last night/early this morning. I wonder if thats the problem. I cannot log onto the Device Manager now to try to resolve it since I'm at work, but wonder if that will fix it. Any ideas? Thanks!
    11-05-08 12:12 PM
    Press the menu key and then select "show all". There is a message folder icon that is normally hidden. Your mystery messages are probably in that folder!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 12:29 PM
    I started having this problem this afternoon. I upgraded from 4.3 to 4.5 last night, and I noticed the message icon started appearing after I viewed an html email. First instinct was to check and make sure I didn't miss a message; nothing in email/sms/mms/browser/wap/facebook. I ended up doing a battery pull and that got rid of the icon, but I'm wondering if html emails were causing the "glitch" or if it was just a random coincidence.
    11-05-08 04:27 PM
    Press the menu key and then select "show all". There is a message folder icon that is normally hidden. Your mystery messages are probably in that folder!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This worked beautifully! Thank you.
    02-23-09 12:07 AM
    battery pull usually does the trrick...or a soft reset?
    02-23-09 06:47 AM
    See if the msg went to a hidden email folder. Happened to me.
    04-03-09 06:41 PM
    I have a Pearl 8130 and last night I had one of those unread messages that refused to go away. A soft reset solved the problem.
    04-30-09 11:28 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD