Ok, I have searched these forums and seen similar complaints but nothing seems to work! I keep receiving messages:

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an
    associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message -it
    will be processed by the server."

Hundreds of these a day!

I have contacted US Cellular and been handed off to Blackberry. I have spent litterally hours on the phone and in this forum and I continue to receive these messages.

I have removed Desktop manager and reinstalled it, put it on the personal email service (BIS) option.

I resent the service books, deleted the desktop CMIME and CICAL.

I did a clean wipe of the phone and did not reboot my backup.

I am getting the emails forwarded to me from my work comcast account, but not from my personal comcast account.

any ideas?

shortnsweet
    02-03-09 08:26 PM
    **********Update************

Called BB help again this morning.

I had to delete all of the service books (all those that would), not just the CMIME and CICAL, and have BB support upload the service books again.

I deleted my Desktop Manager from my computer, and won't put it back on until it is resolved.

I have received those messages on my email account since these actions were taken (about 15 messages), but those have not been forwarded to my phone, all of my other messages are being sent though. We will see if they continue to be sent to my email account.

If you have any ideas don't hesitate to send them!

ShortnSweet
    02-04-09 08:57 AM
    Problem
    Frequent email messages from [email protected] (where XX are variables depending on your location) appear on the BlackBerry smartphone or the email application (for example, Microsoft� Outlook� that is associated with the email account. The body of the email message displays the following:
    This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry Handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.
    The email message also contains an ETP.DAT attachment.

Cause

This issue could be caused by the following:
    1. The BlackBerry smartphone or the BlackBerry� Desktop Manager have been configured to use the BlackBerry� Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry� Desktop Redirector option.
    2. The BlackBerry smartphone user is running the Enterprise Activation process on a BlackBerry smartphone that is set up only for the BlackBerry Internet Service.

Resolution

The following are possible resolutions for this issue.
    Cause 1
    The BlackBerry smartphone or the BlackBerry Desktop Manager have been configured to use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector option.
    Resolution
    First, remove all of the Desktop service books from the BlackBerry smartphone.
    1. From the Home screen on the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options.
    2. Click Advanced Options.
    3. Click Service Book.
    4. In the service book list, select the Desktop [CMIME] service book.
    5. Display the menu and select Delete.
    6. In the service book list, select the Desktop [CICAL] service book.
    7. Display the menu and select Delete.
    Next, verify that the BlackBerry Desktop Manager has been configured to use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector option by looking for the Email Settings icon or the Redirector Settings icon in BlackBerry Desktop Manager (see image below). This will only appear if the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector was chosen during installation.

If either the Email Settings or Redirector Settings icon is displayed, uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager or modify the configuration of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to support the BlackBerry Internet Service. For instructions on uninstalling the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, see KB02206. For instructions on modifying the installation to support the BlackBerry Internet Service, see KB03179.
    Note: If you choose to reinstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager, be sure to choose the BlackBerry Internet Service option when prompted during the installation process.

After 24 hours, the Enterprise Activation process will time out and the messages will stop. Hide the icon if it appears again on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Additional Information
    When installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager on a computer that is not associated with a Microsoft Exchange account (i.e. a home computer), the Desktop Manager must be installed using the BlackBerry Internet Service option. This could also result in etp messages being received on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    02-04-09 08:59 AM
    I have done the first resolution without success.

Question for the second scenario you said the resolution was:

After 24 hours, the Enterprise Activation process will time out and the messages will stop. Hide the icon if it appears again on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Which icon are you refering to? So there may be a chance that in 24 hours it could be done?

I am still receiving the emails to my phone, smaller quantity so far though, only about 10 today.
    02-04-09 12:21 PM
    This is mainly caused by the desktop manager being installed incorrectly. REmove you DM and reinstall it selecting BIS not BES. From what you said before, the serivce books were removed by RIM. If there is an ICON to hide it will red icon that is for a BES activation
    02-04-09 12:25 PM
    Yeah I have uninstalled and reinstalled DM several times now with the BIS selection. No icon seen.

Thanks for the responses, we'll see where it goes from here. Just got 45 of those messages on my email, we'll see if they get pushed to my phone or not.
    02-04-09 12:41 PM
    I truly believe this is a comcast issue. I have done everything to my phone, resent service books multiple times, uninstalled DM several times, did a clean wipe of my phone without rebooting anything, and still no change, receiving over a 100 of these pesky emails daily, my computer does not have to be on to get them either. I'm trying to figure a way for my email to block these emails now and see if that helps.
    02-05-09 07:20 PM
    This happened to my friends phone also with comcast. She deleted DM, deleted the service books blah blah ad nausea. Couldn't get the emails to stop. RIM offered a refurb and she didn't want that. I told her to make a filter and send the messages straight to junk mail. Also to set up a filter on BIS site to not forward emails with RIM to device. She ended up getting an iphone. But the emails never stopped, just went to junk mail, 4000 a day then slowed to about 400.
    02-05-09 07:49 PM
    She did the filter on the comcast webmail? Just found out that on comcast webmail you cannot block a specific sender! Imagine that, this is a company phone, and the company did not buy the insurance on the phone! So with the filters she did not get any of the messages forwarded to the phone?
    02-05-09 07:53 PM
    She didn't block it just set up a filter so when an email with RIM in sender it went to junk mail. Also try setting up a filter on your carriers site so they don't get pushed to your phone if you can't set up a filter on your comcast account.

She never did find a solution other than removing data from her phone.

ETA: correct with the filter set up, none of the rim emails were pushed to her phone.

She did the filter on the comcast webmail? Just found out that on comcast webmail you cannot block a specific sender! Imagine that, this is a company phone, and the company did not buy the insurance on the phone! So with the filters she did not get any of the messages forwarded to the phone?
    02-05-09 07:58 PM
    I was getting that message when my password to activate my bb on my network server had expired. IT set up a new avtivation password, and I activated my BES with no problem. I've never had it appear since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 08:25 PM
    TXLadi:

The problem is I am not set up on a BES.
    02-05-09 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD