I cant get any service books for my e-mail to send to my blackberry. I need to resend my service books for my e-mail to my blackberry, and when i click resend from my pc with the blackberry e-mail setup on the t-mobile website, it says "service books successfully sent", but i never receive them on my blackberry. I have retried this several times and i have yet to recieve the service books.

Any ideas on why i never recieve them?
    07-10-08 08:16 PM
    go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table> Register. Then try to re-send the books.
    07-10-08 08:21 PM
    Try registering the Host Routing Tables > Options > Advanced Options > HRT> menu key > Register Now
    07-10-08 08:21 PM
    If that does work try the battery reset, then reg now.
    07-10-08 08:24 PM
    I tried that yesterday and still haven't gotten the service books. Any other ideas?
    07-10-08 08:26 PM
    I have seen where a security wipe may resolve. Make sure data is backed up. You can try to call you carrier first to see if your PIN# may have become deactivated on the relay tool. Would talk to them first. Last resort wipe the device and re-set from the ground up. Also check with your carrier to see if RIM is not having any issues sending service books.
    07-10-08 08:40 PM
    Will a wipe delete all of my contacts and settings and everything?
    07-10-08 08:43 PM
    Yes, This is why i recommend do a full device back up and a sync of data first
    07-10-08 08:48 PM
    This may be a newbie question, but how would i back up all of my contacts?
    07-10-08 08:49 PM
    I believe desktop manager on your computer theres a feature called "backup/restore" try that...
    07-10-08 08:56 PM
    Ok. Ill try that and let you know if it works.
    07-10-08 08:58 PM
    That is one way, or you can use the sync function in the DM with outlook
    07-10-08 08:59 PM
    Before you mess with a wipe and all of that stuff. Give tmobile a call and talk to a blackberry person and see what they say.
    07-10-08 09:00 PM
    Yep I sad that as well. like I said the PIN may have become inactive on the relay they can fix it.
    07-10-08 09:02 PM
    That has to be what it is, this is an unusual problem.
    07-10-08 09:06 PM
    Unsual, yes but I have only seen it about 6-7 times, bt worth checking before having to wipe a device
    07-10-08 09:08 PM
    you asking about re-sending your email service books,,, before I would tell you to wipe everything, I would have to ask a ?'s,,, have you gone thru the email setup wizard on your phone? and if you have, could you once email, but not today?

Is their service book for your email already on your phone? If there is, this is an easy fix, from your phone, just delete the service book for you email, I have always seen 2 for each email account. Delete both, and then resend service books from your phone
    07-10-08 09:57 PM
    There should be an email set up wizard with an option to resend or send your books. if you can't find that run the phone set up wizard and there should be an email set up option in there.
    07-10-08 10:17 PM
    No i have never had the e-mail working on it, so i dont have the service books on the phone already. And for some strange reason, when im in the e-mail setup part of the setup wizard, it doesn't have a "create or add an e-mail address" option. it just has the one for the work e-mail through the Blackberry Enterprise Server and a skip e-mail setup option. It wont let me add an account. And i have tried a wipe of the handheld, then the register now thing and then send the service books and i still haven't gotten them. Idk if there is something wrong with my phone or t-mobile.
    07-11-08 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD