Hey hope you guys can help me.

I bought a "new unlocked" BB Curve 8320 online and tried to set up my data plan just now with Rogers. I managed to get the edge in the corner to EDGE, but I just tried adding someone on BBM to see if I was connected to data and it didn't work. The customer rep I was talking to on the phone said that I had data but I wasn't connected to Rogers.

Also, I checked my IMEI on a website and it says I have a 8100, which is incorrect. Could this be why the data's not working? Is there a way to retrieve the "original" IMEI?

Thanks so much!
    02-08-10 07:44 PM
    Really? Wow, never knew a IMEI number could change.. Did you ask the rep what your IMEI number represented? And if you have the box, the original one could be on that.
    02-08-10 09:09 PM
    And try maybe, resetting the phone to its factory defaults. Options>Security>General Settings>Menu Button>Wipe Handheld.
    02-08-10 09:10 PM
    Well the rep asked me if I had a 8100 and on several IMEI checking websites online, it says I have a 8100. The thing is I bought it online and the person repackaged it to save shipping. The IMEI that I get from Options > Status is the same as the IMEI that's under the battery on my phone though.
    02-08-10 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD