Im new to the blackberry world and i'm already having problems.
    I just got this phone about a wk ago. I love it! The only problem i'm having is I cant download any media ie. ringtones, wallpapers, music etc. I have read the book and everything. The book says to go to your media file, hi-lite view all ringtones, click your menu, then click the download ringtone link. My problem is, that link is not listed on my menu. Can someone please help? I have the blackberry 8330 curve if that helps. Dont know if I should take it back in or if this can be fixed or whatever.

Also my batt starts going down the same day I just finished charging it. The batt/phone is only about a wk old. Any insight on that?

One more thing, how do you display the network time on your phone? I travel all the time and like when I go in to different time zones it showes the local time on the phone. It showes eastern time (my home time) but cant display the network time on top. Can someone please help me with these.
    thankyou,
    John the new B
    07-12-08 03:14 PM
    Welcome to CB John,

First off, you should get a media card and put the ringtones, music, pictures and videos on it and not your device. Otherwise you will eventually start having memory issues.

To add the ringtones, copy the file, open Media, press the menu key, select Explore, and paste it in the ringtone folder.

If you haven't already, do a search and read up on memory optimization.

If you are using your device quite a bit, your battery use is normal. It is best to charge the battery every day if you use it a lot, and do not let it get to low. You also want to close out of any apps when you are done using them or it slows things down.

As for the network time, BB's are programmed so you have to manually change the time when you enter a new time zone.
    JeffH created a thread that explains the theory for this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...e-zones-46190/
    07-12-08 04:20 PM
    Thankyou tyroni
    07-12-08 06:59 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.com
    07-14-08 03:09 AM
    Welcome Johnbatz. I have the exact same phone / carrier. Sorry to hear about your frustration. I've had pretty great luck loading all types of media to my Curve, so maybe this will help you.
    --First, as said already, get a Micro SD media card for your phone. Unlike some phones, Blackberries don't have a lot of on-board storage. The media card slot is meant to be your primary means of storage. Our Curves can handle up to an 8Gb micro SD card (not sure if the newest OS upgrade is needed or not for the full 8Gb....I got a 4Gb without upgrading my OS and it works fine) The media card prices have dropped considerably. My 4Gb card cost me less than $20 online.
    --Second, after installing your media card, make sure to go to Options>Media Card and Enable Mass Storage Mode. After doing this, you can just plug your BB into your computer and transfer songs, ringtones, etc to your media card directly. If you can drag and drop a file you already know how to load your media. Its that simple. There are other ways of doing this, but since you're already frustrated, this seemed to be the simplest route. Hope it helps.
    07-14-08 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD