I recently upgraded my BB Curve 8330 to the new 4.5 OS. Ever since then, I cannot delete email on my email account, using my phone. I can delete the mail from my phone, but when I go to my email account, it's still there. Used to, I'd get a prompt when I deleted an email asking if I just wanted to delete it on the handheld or not. I don't get that now.

I went into Options/Email Reconciliation and changed the "Delete On" settings, but still can't delete the mail from my inbox. It's not a huge deal, just more annoying than anything. How can I fix this?

Hope that makes sense and someone can I understand what I just said

Stacey
    12-14-08 08:16 PM
    Was the update VIA VZW? if so wipe reboot and reload...........its possible that it did not load properly, much like humans softwear is not perfect
    12-14-08 08:19 PM
    No, it was via the Blackberry site, when they sent out a message recently about the new OS. Should I still try to reload and see if that helps? Thanks!

Stacey
    12-14-08 08:23 PM
    well the general recomendation I have is wait till your vendor offers it, alot of times each vendor will have slightly different coddings for the OS, physically these devices are the same but when it comes to OS they are all a bit different, the core of the OS is the same but sometimes there are suddel diferances and sometimes these differances can be just enough to screw up your phone if you dont do it with vendor backing

so roll back to 4.3 if you can and wait till VSW comes up with theres
    12-14-08 08:27 PM
    I finally got it figured it out, and it was user error. Thanks for taking the time out to answer my question I have multiple email accounts, and hadn't changed the settings for that particular address (it reset when I upgraded). Dumb blonde moment. Thanks again!

Stacey

well the general recomendation I have is wait till your vendor offers it, alot of times each vendor will have slightly different coddings for the OS, physically these devices are the same but when it comes to OS they are all a bit different, the core of the OS is the same but sometimes there are suddel diferances and sometimes these differances can be just enough to screw up your phone if you dont do it with vendor backing

so roll back to 4.3 if you can and wait till VSW comes up with theres
    12-15-08 04:53 PM
    lol so I'm having the same problem. What setting did you change?
    02-23-09 04:19 AM
    Me too. Please tell us how you solved this problem.

Thanks,

jkk4
    02-23-09 04:32 AM
    lol so I'm having the same problem. What setting did you change?
    Me too. Please tell us how you solved this problem.

Thanks,

jkk4
    Go to Messages, Press Menu > Options > Email Reconciliation, select your email acct., change Delete On from Handheld to Prompt > Save.
    02-23-09 05:10 AM
    Go to Messages, Press Menu > Options > Email Reconciliation, select your email acct., change Delete On from Handheld to Prompt > Save.
    Thanks very much. That was driving me crazy.

jkk4
    02-23-09 06:11 AM
    Man this was an old thread, but I'm glad you guys found some help.
    02-23-09 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD