When trying to hook up my BB Curve 8310 to my computer it doesn't get recognized. The charging icon comes on the screen for about 3 seconds and disappears. Yet when I plug it into an outlet with a my charger it work fine and charges fine. For some reason only connecting to my computer it doesn't work. I was going to update my OS 4.5 because AT&T finally released the official version.
    02-06-09 03:25 PM
    Try plugging the cable into a different USB port.
    02-06-09 03:26 PM
    This may come out of left field, but did you install the desktop manager on that same pc?

Probably did, but I heard it sometimes doesn't work withouit that b eing installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 03:35 PM
    The DM install includes the USB drivers for your BB. Once it's installed, you don't have to run DM to connect. Also, I think there is a separate USB drive that can be installed without DM.
    02-06-09 03:38 PM
    I just updated desktop manager. Tried a different port and same situation, charging icon comes onto the screen for a couple seconds and disappears.
    02-06-09 03:39 PM
    Try rebooting your computer, since you just updated DM it might help.

What did you update your DM to? If it's DM v4.7 that is a buggy version. Use Add/Remove programs to uninstall v4.7 and reinstall v4.6, then everything will be good (probably).
    02-06-09 03:44 PM
    I'm running 4.6 and restarted my computer and still having the same problem.
    02-06-09 03:56 PM
    With DM open and your BB plugged in try opening your PC's Device Manager and uninstall the BB drivers then unplug your BB and plug it back in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD