First off I apologize if this is posted somewhere, I've been searching (from my phone) for about 1/2 hour.

I upgraded to the .161 OS last night after a clean wipe and now I can't change my profile settings in my individual profiles. Like, when I am in ANY profile (Loud, normal, custom ect...) When I click on the different type (SMS, MMS, Phone ect...) It just doesn't open for me to change it. The only other thing I've installed different since the last time I changed profile settings (other than the OS upgrade) is BBM 5.0.

Has anyone had this problem or can direct me to some things I can try to do to fix this without reinstalling if possible.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 07:09 PM
    The only other thing I've installed different since the last time I changed profile settings (other than the OS upgrade) is BBM 5.0.

Wow, that's becoming a common phrase around here. Did you try a good old fashioned battery pull just to rule out the easy stuff first? I realize you had power cycles during your OS change but may as well start at the bottom and work up.
    07-23-09 07:15 PM
    Aside from battery pull did you select the ADVANCED option in profiles and then choose the one you want to modify? Been there is why I ask, not to question your abilities!
    07-23-09 07:18 PM
    Yes on both accounts. I was in the profiles -> advanced -> edit "profile name" where it won't let me even pull up the menu to choose the tone, in holster settings ect...

I've done a gazillion battery pulls/soft restarts today just loading everything back up but I will do one more since I am not for certain when my profiles stopped working right.

Keep the ideas coming!

07-23-09 07:30 PM
    No go on the battery pull.

07-23-09 07:36 PM
    Crap. You seem to be well versed and I think you even eluded to what might be coming...

I'd personally try ditching the bbm first, then consider dealing with the OS on an as-needed basis. I mean if those things aren't even selectable, you have an issue. That's just not normal.
    07-23-09 07:42 PM
    I guess you could always try sending service books and registering host routing but I'm not exactly feeling it with the issue you described. Quick and easy though to rule them out.
    07-23-09 07:45 PM
    I will do with the host routing, is there a specific service book I should look at or just all of them?

07-23-09 07:50 PM
    I will do with the host routing, is there a specific service book I should look at or just all of them?

Just logon to your carrier's BIS page and select the option to send service books.
    07-23-09 07:52 PM
    Oooohhh, alright! *fingers crossed* HRT didn't work.

07-23-09 07:57 PM
    Service books are more likely the winner here anyway. I'm pulling for you that the easy fix works.
    07-23-09 08:28 PM
    Well apparently I have to be a a desktop to try that so it'll have to wait a little while. I'll update when I get there!

07-23-09 08:31 PM
    I tried the service books, that didn't do it. I just went in and restored the profile from an old back-up (I haven't actually changed them in a while, lol). It appears to have worked. Thank God for the sense to make frequent backups BEFORE you need them.

Thanks to all who made suggestions.
    07-23-09 09:59 PM
    Did the backup file being input open up the options for future changes or just change them to what you wanted? Either way, good thinking.
    07-23-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD