I'm new to this forum. I just got my 8830 a few months ago and I support all the BB's they're rolling our for our sales force. This morning, a Curve 8830 will not let me scroll up at all. I can scroll sideways and down but not up - no matter what app I'm in . It also happens on the home screen. I can move the scroll button, but nothing happens on the screen. I've done two hard resets - removed the battery - to no avail. This BB is only 1 1/2 months old, but it seems like a hardware issue. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?
    04-20-09 09:09 AM
    Sorry - typo - a Curve 8330 will not let me scroll.
    04-20-09 09:10 AM
    There might be something underneath the trackball causing it not to scroll up. I would pop the trackball out and clean it and blow the inside out.
    04-20-09 09:11 AM
    Cleaned it and put it back together. Then I could scroll up, but not down. Took it back out and blew it out and cleaned some more. Put it back together, and not I'm back to scrolling down, but not up. Wierd!
    04-20-09 09:32 AM
    Hmmmm I would say that you might need a new trackball. Is there anything under the little metal strip under the ball?
    04-20-09 09:35 AM
    Didn't see anything under there. Guess I'll take it to the Sprint store for one of their techs to look at. Thanks for your help. This was my first post, and I'm amazed at how quickly you responded! (:
    04-20-09 09:38 AM
    Well I hope you get everything figured out with your trackball. I know I would die if I couldnt scroll up down or side to side. It has happened to me, but what I suggested to you worked for me. I'm sure someone at the store will be able to help.

Lots of people around here respond quickly and try to help with anything they know!

Welcome to CB!
    04-20-09 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD