I have a Sprint 8330 connected to a BES server through work. The device was acting weird so I was going to re-do the enterprise activation for BES. Since I was going that far I thought I would try to reload the OS as well.

Since day one I have not been able to get DM to recognize the OS of the device. I can use DM to sync, backup and restore etc. but if I go into the application loader software I cannot do anything with the OS of the device (I do see 3rd party apps).

I have tried DM version 4.3 (which is the one listed on the sprint download site). I have tried 4.6 and 4.7 from the blackberry site. I have loaded the OS installations from the sprint and from the blackberry site (they are the same) for the same version as the device has.

I have deleted the vendor.xml file.

If I run CrackMem it sees that I have the OS files loaded on my computer but does nothing when I follow the instructions.

No matter what I have tried when I load App loader I get the message
    "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or systems administrator."

My device has been security wiped but still has an IT policy applied. Can the IT security policy prevent you from connecting your BB to DM and loading software?

I don't want to hard wipe the device until I figure this out just in case I can't ever get the OS to reload.

Anyone have any other suggestions for getting DM to recognize the OS software?
    04-02-09 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD