Hello,
    I just wanted to install applications on my Curve but that did not work.
    What I did was the following:

- Connected the Device to the PC
    - Opened the 'Desktop Manager'
    - Click on 'Application Loader'
    - Clicked 'Next'
    - Clicked on 'Add...'
    - Selected the file 'SmartView.alx'
    - But then it said: No additional applications designed for your device were found

What do I do now? How do I install a .cod file on my Curve?
    Please help me, thank you in advance

Fabian
    02-08-08 09:41 AM
    The message could be for a few reasons - try these.

Reasons you might see that message include:

1) You don�t have the .alx and .cod files in the same directory. Desktop installation requires as a minimum, a .cod file and a .alx file. When you use the RIM Desktop Manager Application Manager to install, you specify the .alx file, but the .cod file must be in the same directory as the .alx file. Both files are needed for installation.

2) You need to upgrade your version of the RIM Desktop Manager. You can download the latest version of the Desktop Manager here. I�ve had people tell me that you need to first uninstall the old version before installing the new one, but I haven�t found this necessary.

3) You need to install the proper device software for your model BlackBerry to your PC. Please note, I�m not saying that you need to update your device OS. I�m saying you need to download the software that tells the Desktop Manager how to properly talk to your device. RIM has unfortunately named this software the �Device� software, which implies to me that it is something that should go on the handheld, but it actually is installed to your PC. To see which version of the device software you already have installed, go to the About menu on the Desktop Manager and click the �Device Software� tab.
    02-08-08 10:22 AM
    hello,
    thank you so much for your help, i really really appreciate that!

when i click on the �Device Software� tab, it shows me nothing, even when the device is connected.
    where do I download that device software? do i install that on the device?

Thank you again for your help, it is nice to see that there are still people out there who help people they dont even know, Thanx!
    02-08-08 10:30 AM
    You can download the Device Software from this site:

Do a google search for 'device software for desktop manager' and it will be your first link at blackberry gadgets dot com.

Sorry, I'm a new poster and it wont let me post URL's.

It will update your desktop manager as well as your blackberry, if needed.
    05-14-08 02:07 PM
    Hi,
    I followed your directions to update the Desktop Manager(from the Verizon Wireless site, v4.3)and am still unable to install either Jewelrumble or PocketDay Professional on my BB. I have a Curve 8330. The message I am getting is
    No additional applications designed for your device were found.
    Does anyone have any suggestions that someone is VERY un-technical could follow?
    Thank you in advance. This forum has been GREAT for getting me up and running on my BB.
    05-27-08 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD