my blackberry curve had been working fine up until last night. i tried a few things such as reconnecting to the verizon mobile network, i did a reboot and a few hard reboots, i finally wound up doing a wipe which didn't help either. before i wiped the bb i ran a diagnostics test and my radio data activation would say no and everything else would be unknown. i have no service books and my host routing table is empty. the blackberry internet server doesnt recognize that the phone is activated. i dont know what else to do, i took it to a local verizon store and he said my software is shot and i need a new phone. thanks, a lot, in advance
    04-03-10 03:42 PM
    When you connect the BB to your computer and open desktop manager, is your pin displayed?

If it does, then you can try reloading the software on your BB. Then go to verizonwireless.com and sign-in to your account and click on the "activate my phone" link where you will be prompted to enter your ESN/MEID number, then call *228 and do an option 1 to program your phone.
    04-03-10 05:51 PM
    yes my pin is displayed its 30314b28 idk if thats needed or anything. and i've done all that already, i've downloaded multiple software versions and activated but when i go to call *228 it doesnt even go through.
    Last edited by Jonstek117; 04-04-10 at 01:55 AM.
    04-04-10 01:50 AM
    Follow the Upgrade/Downgrade Procedure link in my signature below. Follow the Advanced procedure where you wipe the BB using jl_cmdr (step 7). This is an important step, because you want to wipe off everything that could be causing the problem.

After you reload the OS, do an Advanced Restore from your backup file where you only restore a minimum of databases back to your BB (Messages, Address Book, etc.) The idea again is to not restore something that is causing the problem.
    04-04-10 02:40 AM
    alright thanks ill let you know how it goes
    04-04-10 06:51 PM
    it didnt work. still no radio data activation and i cant make any calls or anything. im starting to think its a hardware problem
    04-05-10 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD