I have a new sprint curve 8330.

Today, from the main screen, I typed in "Travis" hoping to see my bud's name so I can call him. His name/number did NOT show up. I go to the address book, I cannot find his entry. I go back to the last SMS/text he sent me and it clearly shows his name and when I hit the BB button, the "Show contact" option exists - when I select it, I see his contact info (which is saved in the address book). So, WTH ???

I battery pulled and everything then seemed to work fine.

Anyone seen this weird behavior before?
    04-02-09 01:21 AM
    Welcome to the wacky world that is Blackberry. Lol.

Kudos to you about knowing about the almighty battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 01:25 AM
    yeah winger, that kind of stuff just happens from time to time. my fave is a frozen browser, its the best
    04-02-09 01:34 AM
    Yeh, the one before this is my wife's new curve did not ring for a few hours this past Saturday morning and I was steaming b/c she did not answer my calls and I was running LATE for appts and needed to pickup and drop off things with her first ... a reset fixed that Now, how reliable is a phone that does NOT ring?

BTW, better than a battery pull, try the Ctrl+RightShift+Del
    Last edited by winger13; 04-02-09 at 01:57 AM.
    04-02-09 01:54 AM
    it depends on your definition of reliable. i rely on the fact that im gonna have to do battery pulls . all smart phones are like that.. ive heard winmo phones are worse..
    04-02-09 01:57 AM
    it depends on your definition of reliable. i rely on the fact that im gonna have to do battery pulls . all smart phones are like that.. ive heard winmo phones are worse..
    Well I gave up on WinMo after over 3 yrs of fun and wifey gave up her Treo 755P - Treo resets by itself (likely b/c of pgms I installed) and winmo is just windows, full of memory leaks which forced manual resets.

I thought BB's are tanks, like ppl reportly going 6 months withOUT resets.
    04-02-09 01:59 AM
    Well I gave up on WinMo after over 3 yrs of fun and wifey gave up her Treo 755P - Treo resets by itself (likely b/c of pgms I installed) and winmo is just windows, full of memory leaks which forced manual resets.

I thought BB's are tanks, like ppl reportly going 6 months withOUT resets.
    oh jeez, i wish! dont get me wrong, i think berries are extremely reliable, but keeping any device on continuously is gonna create problems. imagine keeping your computer on 24/7 and all of the issues you'd have associated with that.
    04-02-09 02:08 AM
    Is there an application that allows scheduled reboots of the BB? Like every night at 1am ? That should keep things sane with our BB's
    04-02-09 02:15 AM
    yeah its called QuickPull. hold on, ill grab the link for you.. its free.99.
    04-02-09 02:25 AM
    04-02-09 02:26 AM
    Thanks. Downloaded to both our bb's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD