I have been trying seriously today to take a photo with my 8300 Curve, then mail it to myself to see if it arrives the way it's supposed to.

When I take a picture with the BB, and then click "Send as Email", I get the message "The selected file exceeds the maximum allowed attachment size". (The camera is set to Small picture size; I have tried this with both Superfine and Normal quality). Then when I try to send the photo, I get the Email on the other end (I'm sending the Emails to myself), but no photo is attached.

What am I doing wrong? is my 8300 incapable of Emailing photos?
    07-05-08 04:34 PM
    I have an 8330 I can't really offer help to you. But I can offer that I have no problems emailing my photos and I have them set to large and superfine
    07-05-08 06:17 PM
    What email account are you trying to use? Could they have a limit on attachment size?
    07-05-08 06:31 PM
    I have no problems either on my 8330,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 06:34 PM
    What OS are you using maybe you need an OS upgrade?
    07-05-08 06:35 PM
    v4.2.2.141, which is the latest one my carrier (Centennial) has available.

And to be honest, when I got my Curve, I just set up my E-mail using my regular AOL account. How could I find out if there is a limit on E-mail attachments?

07-05-08 06:48 PM
    Oh, and I just tried Emailing the smallest photo I had (an Avatar); only 4 kb, and I got the same message ("The selected file exceeds the maximum allowed attachment size").

07-05-08 07:04 PM
    I have no problems sending pics? What email account do you use? They might have some limit on size.

07-05-08 07:18 PM
    Sounds like perhaps your carrier does not allow any attachments to be emailed.
    07-06-08 01:03 AM
    Tomorrow (.Monday) I will check with my carrier locally (after lunch), because I suspect the problem is with them.

07-06-08 05:28 AM
    v4.2.2.141, which is the latest one my carrier (Centennial) has available.

And to be honest, when I got my Curve, I just set up my E-mail using my regular AOL account. How could I find out if there is a limit on E-mail attachments?

AOL's limit on email attachment size is 25mb, including the email itself.
    07-06-08 05:56 AM
    I went to my carrier's local office today; after a phone call, someone somewhere enabled my BB to mail photo attachments. So, it was my carrier! And I thank all for helping me with this issue.

07-07-08 08:35 PM
    Glad to hear you got it fixed.

07-07-08 08:36 PM
    My 8320 worked at first then did the same thing.

I did a hot battery pull and it works fine again.
    07-08-08 08:06 AM
    could there be a limit on the BES side? I ask b/c I am on BES through outlook on my company server. Tried to send a work doc through BB and received maximum allowed attachment size message. My work doesn't limit size, so I think its the BES. Thoughts?
    09-08-08 08:19 AM
    could there be a limit on the BES side? I ask b/c I am on BES through outlook on my company server. Tried to send a work doc through BB and received maximum allowed attachment size message. My work doesn't limit size, so I think its the BES. Thoughts?

Already resolved.... see post #12.
    09-08-08 08:30 AM
    I can not email pictures on my bb using my BES account, only my BIS account. So I just sent an email from my BIS to BES and then forward it.
    09-08-08 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD