I am a new user and have a 8330.
    i am with alltel.
    i have a yahoo messenger and a gmail message i cannot delete.
    i have tryed all that i can think of and still these two messages remain.
    does any one know how to remove them?
    12-28-08 07:30 PM
    Those are pushed to (or on) you by the carrier. You can go to options>advanced>service books and delete them. But each time you send service books or register with the network or battery pull, they will come back. So it's easiest to just hide them.
    12-28-08 07:39 PM
    Oh... And Welcome to CB!
    12-28-08 07:40 PM
    Maybe I didn't explain right the gmail is a program I down loaded, and that is not the problem. It is an email that I received that I can not delete. All other emails I have been able to delete, but not this one. On the same day I had been instant messaging my sister, and that is the yahoo messenger (message) that I can not delete.
    12-28-08 09:21 PM
    huh...what does it do when you try to delete it? Tried a battery pull yet?
    12-28-08 09:23 PM
    Open DM, then the advanced section, you can clear specific databases, I had to do that with the icon that wouldnt disappear.

Have you tried to send anotehr email, then "mark all as open" then delete them?

I think you may be able to get rid of it thru DM though

Open DM, back up and restore, advanced, on the right of that is a database list, scroll to your email (or messages it might be as) and clear it, see if you can do the same for yahoo.
    12-28-08 09:25 PM
    Yes I have tried pulling the battery several times. When I go to delete it acts as it should but the 2 messages never leave the screen.
    12-28-08 09:29 PM
    Is DM desk top manager? If so I will try it right now.
    12-28-08 09:30 PM
    Yes, you want to clear the Device Database for emails (might also be listed as messages) (make sure you save the emails you want to keep on there, or forward back to your PC) so clear the messages one, and see if there is a yahoo, or you might want to uninstall and then reinstall yahoo if it isnt there in the device databse.
    12-28-08 09:32 PM
    No good they are still their. Maybe I will uninstall the effected programs and see if that does the trick.
    Thanks for all the help and thanks for welcoming me to CB. Of course the only CB I ever knew before this was citizen band radio. Hehe
    12-28-08 09:52 PM
    Go to email then hit the menu button>search> then scroll down to "show" and replace with "unopened only"> menu button again>search. and see what pops up and then you can delete from there .

If the emails do not resurface then you can back to "show" and pick a new setting and try again until you find those hidden emails.
    Last edited by Mustard; 12-29-08 at 06:12 AM.
    12-29-08 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD