I have a BBM notifaction that I cannot clear. I have been through EVERYTHING on my phone, and nope there is nothing pending or open. How do I clear it? I even did a battery pull.

The only thing I can think of, was I had a request, accidently hit ignore and saw the person that sent me that request and i requested them back. Thought I cleared it when I added the person but it is still there.

So does anyone have any ideas how to clear this?

Thanks for the help
    01-07-10 06:37 AM
    No one has had this problem? I still cannot figure it out
    01-07-10 02:39 PM
    are you sure its a bbm? did you check your messages folder for anything that might be there like a PIN msg?
    01-07-10 02:49 PM
    are you sure its a bbm? did you check your messages folder for anything that might be there like a PIN msg?
    It is a BBM message.. It has the smiley face with a 1 next to it

I have checked EVERY folder, deleted all my contents in my message up to today. The notification is still there.

I think it is a PIN message, but I cannot find it, bc the user requested me via BBM, i accidently hit ignore, then the person was pinning me (looked like a text and email combined)..

I seriosuly cannot find this notifaction anyhwere..

More help is appreciated
    01-07-10 03:18 PM
    What color is the icon?
    01-07-10 03:24 PM
    What color is the icon?
    Its a BBM icon.. It has the yellow smiley face
    01-07-10 03:45 PM
    i'm having the same problem!! help its been there for days and its bugging me!!
    01-07-10 04:10 PM
    i'm having the same problem!! help its been there for days and its bugging me!!
    Yep you and I are in the same boat.. If I find anything I will post it to help you out
    01-07-10 04:18 PM
    anyone else have any ideas? This is driving me nuts.. I cannot clear this notification to save my life
    01-08-10 06:42 AM
    If you have gone into BBM and made sure all conversations are closed,
    then I would do another Battery Pull.
    Another thought is to go through all folders and look for something.
    Go to the messages folder then > menu > View Folder > then start picking folders and looking for any new messages in any of them.
    Good Luck!
    01-08-10 07:05 AM
    If you have gone into BBM and made sure all conversations are closed,
    then I would do another Battery Pull.
    Another thought is to go through all folders and look for something.
    Go to the messages folder then > menu > View Folder > then start picking folders and looking for any new messages in any of them.
    Good Luck!
    I've been through every possible program on my phone. Been through all email folders, the messages folder, and makred everything open.. Still no luck, the notification is still there

I did do another battery pull, again no luck.. I closed every conversation in BBM

I am lost
    01-08-10 07:10 AM
    Are you using the latest BBM? I know you said you've been through everything but it might be a "Recent Update" notification. In BBM, go to Menu->Options and scroll down to Recent Updates. Make sure Show Recent Updates is set to "None".

Other than that, I'd say backup your BBM contacts and re-install BBM. This has happened to others and the re-install fixed it.
    01-08-10 08:31 AM
    Sure its not for an app world update?
    01-08-10 02:52 PM
    Well I got rid of the notification. I did another battery pull, this time I left the battery out of the phone for about 10 mins. Usually I leave it out for about 1 min or less. But this time after the 10 mins was up and after the phone rebooted, in the messages folder and in BBM a request showed up. I deleted it and the notification disappeared..

And I am using BBM 5.0.0.57
    01-08-10 09:54 PM
    I'm having the same problem and I have checked everywhere in the phone. I have pulled the battery a few times, and for a few minutes each time. Anyone have any ideas what I can do from here?
    01-14-10 11:52 PM
    I have posted about this same problem in several of the threads here. There are a ton of us with the same problem. I pulled battery for 30 mins and it did nothing. A re-install worked for two days and then it re-appeared. If it goes away, consider yourself lucky. If not, you are stuck with it! I know I am as I am not re-installing BBM once every three days. I'll just look at the stupid icon.
    01-15-10 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD