Ok this is my first "smart phone," (Curve 8320) so I do not have any experience with other smart phone browsers or networks, but this thing is slow as Molasses! I knew it would not be up to the speeds of my dsl home network, but geeez...I mean come on now, I have places to go, people to see! It doesn't seem to matter if I am using the EDGE network or UMA, I even updated my software to the newer v4.2.2.180 (prev ver v4.2.2.171) because I was told it would help with the browser speed. Still very slow, sometimes it doesn't even finish loading the page, but the bar at the bottom of the screen indicates the page is done loading. Is it just my BB or is everyone experience these really slow speeds? Am I expecting too much from a mobile browser? Don't get me wrong I LOVE my BlackBerry, just wish I could browse a little faster (it's bringing me back to the good ol' days of dial up, when evidently I had nothing better to do than listen to some funky sounds coming from my desktop, sit back and wait and wait and wait...)
    11-28-07 11:13 PM
    It's something wrong with your BB settings or WiFi settings. The browser on WiFi should not be so slow.
    11-28-07 11:22 PM
    What settings on the BB would possibly be slowing it down? My WiFi is set up properly and works perfect with my laptop and desktop. Any help to help speed things up would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks, Kirk
    11-28-07 11:41 PM
    thats EDGE networking. its generally slow no matter if on wifi or not.

Phonescoop did a test on WiFi vs EDGE and there is no difference.

word has it that T-Mobile may try get 3G networking here but it could be a year or two if that even happens.
    11-29-07 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD