OK so I returned the verizon pearl today.

I went to best buy, and asked them if I could get a blackberry without data. They said that its no problem and that only verizon forces you to get the data plan (not sure if the second part is true).
    04-25-08 02:09 AM
    I am on AT&T and my daughter wanted a phone with a keyboard to text with, AT&T's choices are very limited in this area. I went and talked to Verizon but when i asked her why i should switch from AT&T she could only answer "Cause we are better" i asked her how are you better i get service everywhere i go with AT&T so what will you do for me that AT&T wont. Her reply was "We are just better".

Sorry this is so long and went off track but yes AT&T will do a blackberry with no data plan.
    The only thing VZW is better is at gauging its customer and crippling its customer's devices.
    04-25-08 11:35 AM
    my husband and i both have a 8330 with vzw, they are charging $60 for each of our data plans...im not sure what details our plan includes, i just know we share 500 texts and 1500 talk plus $120 for both of us to have data...is anyone else being charged this much? we have been customers for about 4 years and upgraded from a treo (his) and sch-u740 (mine) this past august. we love our bb's and really like the service we've had with vzw, but this seems like a lot we are being charged?? and of course they told us we had to have the data plan in order to get bb's. i didnt really need it, but he does cuz he's a realtor.
    Last edited by ro.chelle; 11-17-08 at 01:55 PM.
    11-17-08 01:52 PM
    my husband and i both have a 8330 with vzw, they are charging $60 for each of our data plans...im not sure what details our plan includes, i just know we share 500 texts and 1500 talk plus $120 for both of us to have data...is anyone else being charged this much? we have been customers for about 4 years and upgraded from a treo (his) and sch-u740 (mine) this past august. we love our bb's and really like the service we've had with vzw, but this seems like a lot we are being charged?? and of course they told us we had to have the data plan in order to get bb's. i didnt really need it, but he does cuz he's a realtor.
    I'd call and ask about that - it should be $29.99 for unlimited BIS data for each of you. $44.99 for BES (unlimited corporate) data plan.
    11-17-08 01:57 PM
    i thought bb's fed on data. isn't that what keeps them alive.
    I used mine for 6 months on a pre-paid voice/txt plan since originally AT&T wanted a $500 deposit to set up service for me. But then I called about a month ago and they set me up on post-paid w/no contract since I own my Curve outright and told me if I wanna upgrade to a Bold that I could now with no deposit.
    11-17-08 02:34 PM
    I'd call and ask about that - it should be $29.99 for unlimited BIS data for each of you. $44.99 for BES (unlimited corporate) data plan.
    man, that would make such a difference. thanks millions
    11-17-08 02:39 PM
    hello all,i have a problem whit a bb 8300 curve,camera don't want to start and tell me that "to many applications runs,please close and retry to open camera"...i don't know what to do in this circustance...pls help
    11-17-08 02:53 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD