Been searching Google a good part of the day today and decided to go where the pros go.... crackberry.com to get my question out. The background display for the locked screen. I know how to change the name/message there. i can change the background of the curve. However when locked the background display is the same as before i changed the background in the home screen.

A little crazy to me is it because I have a theme being used right now? That is what I think it is. Any help is appreciated, thanks and hope to see all the new Bold pictures soon!!

06-26-08 10:16 PM
    No you cannot, it is factored into the theme..
    06-26-08 10:17 PM
    You don't say what theme you are using. I use the BBDimension Zen theme. I replaced the default home screen background with a solid medium blue. When I lock the blackberry, I get this same solid medium blue background, not the standard theme background, which is what I believe you are saying. If I've understood you correctly, try using the BBDimension Zen theme. It will let you set the same custom background for both the Home Screen and the Locked screen.
    06-26-08 10:23 PM
    No you cannot, it is factored into the theme..
    I figured as much.... thanks!
    06-26-08 10:40 PM
    You don't say what theme you are using. I use the BBDimension Zen theme. I replaced the default home screen background with a solid medium blue. When I lock the blackberry, I get this same solid medium blue background, not the standard theme background, which is what I believe you are saying. If I've understood you correctly, try using the BBDimension Zen theme. It will let you set the same custom background for both the Home Screen and the Locked screen.
    Sorry, I had forgot that detail. I am using the iPhone iBerry I think it is called. I just rally like how the icons look with it as well as the white fading font it has. Thansk for the answer I will try the Dimension Zen out later.
    06-26-08 10:41 PM
    No you are not able to. It sucks huh?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 10:42 PM
    Sorry to dig this one up but did a search and this came up and i just wanted to check something.

I have the iBerry theme for my 8310 and want to change the screensaver image of the fishes. What would happen if i was to get the theme editer (plastik, or something like that i think) would i be able to edit the screensaver then. Or is it locked and non editable at all?

Thanks for your help.
    08-26-08 07:08 AM
    pretty sure you can change the background on this theme: bPhone -- an iPhone theme for BlackBerry | RogersMJ.com
    08-26-08 07:21 AM
    no dont think you can as states in the FAQ/Help section that this feature has not been enabled.

the creator does state that he has to specify the lock image when he creates it so may need to go down this route?
    08-26-08 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD