Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can windows calendar sync with my blackberry?

I use my windows calendar alot and i am hoping to sync it to my blackberry... is this possible... if so how can I do this?

Thanks
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

If you mean Microsoft Outlook, yes you can.

Open DM, connect the phone, click sychronize, set the rules
    as needed and go from there.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me

I sync mine with Outlook on my home and work system daily. Works like a charm.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,219 Global Posts

Windows Calendar and Outlook are two totally separate things. Windows Calendar is built into Windows Vista (Windows is trying to copy Mac with iCal on this one). And unfortunately, I do not believe that Windows Calendar can sync with your BlackBerry.
    I was a Treo user. Then the light of BlackBerry shone, and I was never the same.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by niubeav View Post
    Windows Calendar and Outlook are two totally separate things. Windows Calendar is built into Windows Vista (Windows is trying to copy Mac with iCal on this one). And unfortunately, I do not believe that Windows Calendar can sync with your BlackBerry.
    You are right. I'm a Vista user, but have never used Windows Calendar.

It appears that you can't with Vista, but it looks like that function is available in Windows 7.

I've been beta testing Windows 7 at work and I'm really impressed with it. It will be an improvement over Vista.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    PIN
    It is what it is... SCAN IT!

I use Outlook and Google Synce together. Its a easy method that requires no work from me at all.

I dont have to repeatedly hook up my phone and keep syncing it up, it does it automatically everyday for me... I'm Lazy! HA
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,219 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Piobaireachd View Post
    You are right. I'm a Vista user, but have never used Windows Calendar.

It appears that you can't with Vista, but it looks like that function is available in Windows 7.

I've been beta testing Windows 7 at work and I'm really impressed with it. It will be an improvement over Vista.
    What is available in Windows 7? What type of syncing are you talking about? I'm confused.
    I was a Treo user. Then the light of BlackBerry shone, and I was never the same.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

hmm sucky, well i guess I will just start using outlook then...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Piobaireachd View Post
    I sync mine with Outlook on my home and work system daily. Works like a charm.
    This might sound like dumb question. So, when make changes to my calendar on my phone, it will automatically sync up on outlook at home on my desktop, correct? So those things will appear on the home computer automatically. I have the same concern with editing: whether you create a new calendar event at home or on phone, you can edit an event on your phone you created at home on outlook and vice versa?

Thank you.
    Last edited by ryanmarshall13; 10-26-2010 at 08:57 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CH ME

To sync between your phone and Outlook you have to connect by USB and use the Desktop Software to sync...so it will sync, but it's not automatic and it's not wireless. If you want automatic, OTA sync between your phone and a desktop app, the best option is probably Google Calendar + Google Sync for you BB. If you still want to sync with Outlook, install Google Calendar Sync on your computer, Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help.

BB (with Google Sync installed) <--> Gmail/Google Calendar <--> Computer (with Outlook and Google Calendar Sync installed)
    Last edited by biznatch; 10-31-2010 at 12:38 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

since the latest update to DM, I can now sync with Windows Calendar.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Pray tell - How does one sync Windows Live Calendar (Win7) to Blackberry DM?
    CrackBerry User

I'd like to know too, all I get out of the latest version of BB DM is "The organizer applications on your computer are not supported", followed by a dead info link.
    The "organizers applications" on my computer include Window Live, Window Calendar(Vista version) and Thunderbird with Lightning.
    I'll be damned if I'm going to buy a $200.00 program(Outlook) just to sync my calendar with my phone, I'll buy an iphone instead...
    CrackBerry User

To sync either Window calendar or lightning in Thunderbird, and save the expense of having to buy a $200.00 proprietary program(Outlook), the answer is simple: get an Android phone. That is what I did, and it work simply and easily.

Anybody want to buy a BB pearl 3G? I will sell cheap.
    CrackBerry Newbie

what does DM stand for?