Hi,
    In Ontario as of tomorrow, the cops will be giving out ticket for dialing cell phones by hand. I have several locations that are in my address book that have the company name but no person listed (main numbers for our locations) amd when I try to use the voice dial, it will not find any of them, only address book listing that have people's names in the first and last name fields. Seeing that these entries are popluated by our BES and Outlook, I don't want to modify the address book listings. I have these entries set up as speed dial entries, but with the new law, this could cause me to get a ticket, as my phone auto locks after 15 minute and I have to enter a passcode to get into the phone and then dial the speed dial. I ahve not figured out a way to use voice dial to call the listing in the speed dial slots. Is there any secret to dialing speed dial number with voice dial?
    Thanks,
    Ted

BTW, It is a Sprint 8330m Curve.
    01-31-10 12:19 PM
    You can set the phone to be able to make calls while being locked. In the same screen as Password. So i believe you can use your speed dial then. I do not use voice dial and have removed it to free memory on my phone. Just don't hold the phone in plain sight while using speed dial.
    01-31-10 12:26 PM
    I fear that my luck may not last too long doing that! :-) I also tried Vlingo but I have to unlock the phone to use it, as I haven't been able to get the Jawbone to trigger Vlingo instead of the BB Voice Dial.
    01-31-10 12:45 PM
    Then I think that you will have to redo your contacts so it will work with voicedial instead of speed dial. I don't know what else to say. Itake it you will be using bluetooth. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion. Good Luck
    01-31-10 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD