hey can anyone please tell me if i can somehow hook my blackberry curve 8330 internet up to my computer and use the internet from my phone instead of getting wireless internet and if this is possible does it have full internet capabilites???
    thanks
    08-18-09 03:18 PM
    hey can anyone please tell me if i can somehow hook my blackberry curve 8330 internet up to my computer and use the internet from my phone instead of getting wireless internet and if this is possible does it have full internet capabilites???
    thanks
    08-18-09 03:23 PM
    You can do 1 of two things. you can purchase the tethering plan through your carrier, I think it's about $30/month.

Or, you can purchase a 3rd party tethering program such as tetherberry, but using it without a tethering plan is against your carriers TOS, so the bill will be astronomical if you get caught.

You will be able to do everything, at reduced speeds that you can do with wireless internet, but keep in mind that there will be a "cap" on usage, and going over will result in a big bill.
    08-18-09 03:26 PM
    Please don't double post.

Check your other thread, I posted an answer to your question.
    08-18-09 03:27 PM
    ya you can. you have to download the quicklink mobile installer from software.alltel.com and then follow the instructions in that to setup your phone.
    08-18-09 03:31 PM
    is it slower than wireless or about the same???
    08-18-09 03:33 PM
    If you have verizon wireless you can add a tethering plan to your phone, you need to download vzaccess manager from the cds included. Dependent upon your plan tethering is either 30 dollars or 15 dollars..if you ahve the 29.99 data plan its 30 if you have the 44.99 data plan its 15, as long as it equals 59.99. This works well since theres no contract on having the tethering feature, only thing is at some points your phones inoperable unless your sitting idle reading a page, or something like that although can still send/recieve text messages. You also still get the 5GB cap with this, same as an air card..hope that helps.
    08-18-09 03:34 PM
    it is a dial up connection, it is slower but not terrible slow, like you could count on cutting your hair after checking email or whatever like it use to be
    08-18-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD