I accidently deleted memopad from my phone, i was wondering if it would be possible for someone to give me some detailed instructions on how to bring it back using the application loader. Im having a bit of a hard time with it. I also wanted to delete voice dialing.
    06-17-08 12:49 PM
    Some of these features do not need to be removed... you could always just not use the feature and still have it in case you ever want it again.

As for memopad you deleted... I hope you did a backup using DesktopManager, because that would be the easiest way to get it back. You would just need to do a system restore.

If not, then I would assume you have to re-install the OS, because it comes with the BB OS loaded on your phone.

If someone wiser than me knows any better... please advise Thanks!!

And I am not sure if you are even able to remove voice dialing... you can always hide it and then change the left bumper button to default to a different action
    06-17-08 01:05 PM
    I accidently deleted memopad from my phone, i was wondering if it would be possible for someone to give me some detailed instructions on how to bring it back using the application loader. Im having a bit of a hard time with it. I also wanted to delete voice dialing.
    Are you trying to free up memory? Stroll down to post number 4 for removing VAD.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Also, I believe you should be able to add memopad back through desktop manager.

Goodluck.
    06-17-08 01:11 PM
    By desktop manager, you mean the application loader..correct. Here's the thing, when I initially ran my application loader I accidentally wiped my os to just the core programs that came with it. It turns out it was for the best, I didn't use half the apps anyways. But that's what I'm worried about happening again.

Yes I want to delete voice dialing because I will never use it. And every bit of memory counts. I just wanna make sure I don't wipe my os again. Can anyone give instructions on retrieving memopad from the app loader?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 01:25 PM
    Use the desktop manager. Or wipe your phone and reload the os

06-17-08 01:28 PM
    If you are this concerned about memory, then get some external storage!

What are you doing to eat up so much device memory?? You can put all of your media files, etc on a microSD card... and you can get an 8Gb for about $50.
    06-17-08 01:31 PM
    By desktop manager, you mean the application loader..correct. Here's the thing, when I initially ran my application loader I accidentally wiped my os to just the core programs that came with it. It turns out it was for the best, I didn't use half the apps anyways. But that's what I'm worried about happening again.

Yes I want to delete voice dialing because I will never use it. And every bit of memory counts. I just wanna make sure I don't wipe my os again. Can anyone give instructions on retrieving memopad from the app loader?

If you are afraid of losing applications, then backup your apps first.
    How do I backup my Third Party Applications on my BB? - BlackBerryFAQ

App loader is located inside of desktop manager. Open desktop manager click on app loader, scroll down to see if you can locate memopad, then check it.
    06-17-08 01:38 PM
    I am not "concerned" about memory, its just i know for a fact i will never use voice dialing. And i deleted memopad by accident, so why even keep VAD on there if im not gonna use it?
    06-17-08 02:16 PM
    Well, nothing wrong with removing stuff you are not going to use. I deleted a lot more than VAD.

I went through the entire memory optimization. If you follow the procedure correctly by putting VAD in the removed modules folder, you can restore it if you decide you want to use it again.

Nothing wrong with being concerned about memory either. When it gets low, it can create all kinds of problems.

Keep in mind that themes and applications take up device memory space and can't be loaded to your media card.
    06-17-08 02:27 PM
    Well i just read on the free up memory post that deleting VAD messes up the way "status" shows under options. And im constantly looking at that for memory info. So i guess ill just bite the bullet and keep VAD.
    06-17-08 03:01 PM
    Hey shorynot, your feedback tells me I need to reword that section for clairty.

Removing VAD frees up about 1 Mb, well worth the effort if you are not using it.

Before you can do that, you have to have the pieces in place. The key piece is your device OS.

When that is installed, you get a fresh copy of all the applications, Memo Pad included.

At the end of Step #2, have you checked to verify the device OS is correctly installed?
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-17-08 at 04:15 PM.
    06-17-08 03:06 PM
    Well i just read on the free up memory post that deleting VAD messes up the way "status" shows under options. And im constantly looking at that for memory info. So i guess ill just bite the bullet and keep VAD.
    You can get that info by:

Holding Alt and clicking E A C E

or

Alt + CAP + H

There are other ways to get that info, but thats all I can think of right now.
    06-17-08 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD