i got my phone off ebay. the lady sent and it had her email still so i did a restore andd it came back on but the option for personal email is gone, only the business is on it.

i got help with "registering my device" but whats that supposed to do? i registered it like 10 times and have done battery pull each time. nothing new.

can someone actually give me good advice on here? ive gotten none so far.

PLUS my bb messenger does not work! ive added tons of people ive re added them to see if that was the problem. it says i have like 4 contacts now but they are still pending.

ive looked on the net all over. the lady didnt remember her password or anything so i cant like go to that site and enter my pin i dont know! i dont much like my bb because of this
    04-06-08 11:05 AM
    do you have a data plan?
    04-06-08 11:09 AM
    You can find your pin & imei numbers if you go to options > Status on your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-08 11:12 AM
    do you have a data plan?
    yes i have a data plan. what good does registering my curve do? it hasnt really done anything new andd exciting.
    04-06-08 11:13 AM
    Yea do you have a bb data plan? You need to whipe the phone out clean and reinstall the OS to get rid of the BIS stuff. Was this phone used on a BES?
    04-06-08 11:13 AM
    1. If you have anything stored on there addresses, web bookmarks... make a backup and then wipe the device.

Options> Security Options> General Settings> Menu> Wipe Handheld

2. If you are having trouble registering on the BIS website, contact the seller and tell her to contact the carrier to "release the pin"

Once you can log on you will need to send the service books to your device.

3. As far as her email addresses go, go to Options> Advanced> Service Book, and delete the email addresses that are not yours.
    04-06-08 11:14 AM
    Yea do you have a bb data plan? You need to whipe the phone out clean and reinstall the OS to get rid of the BIS stuff. Was this phone used on a BES?
    OS? BES?. whattt?
    04-06-08 11:18 AM
    If you do a handheld wipe all the previous owners details will be removed and your phone will be restored to factory settings.

You do not need to reload the OS.

04-06-08 11:21 AM
    1. If you have anything stored on there addresses, web bookmarks... make a backup and then wipe the device.

Options> Security Options> General Settings> Menu> Wipe Handheld

2. If you are having trouble registering on the BIS website, contact the seller and tell her to contact the carrier to "release the pin"

Once you can log on you will need to send the service books to your device.

3. As far as her email addresses go, go to Options> Advanced> Service Book, and delete the email addresses that are not yours.
    the problem is well i got the phone like 5 months ago lol and it never really bothered me but now it it. the service book has like media net and wap2 browser config and i dunno nerdy stuff.

her emails have been long gone. why would my phone totally get rid of the personal email option altogether when i restored it?
    04-06-08 11:21 AM
    If you do a handheld wipe all the previous owners details will be removed and your phone will be restored to factory settings.

You do not need to reload the OS.

i did that but then the personal email option was gone! like POOF!
    04-06-08 11:22 AM
    i guess my question is, "why would my personal email option just disappear when i restored?"
    04-06-08 11:27 AM
    You need your carrier to resend the service books or log into your carriers BIS website and enter the pin /imei etc, if it says an account is already registered or something similar then follow GoDj's advice and get the seller to get the pin released from her account.

04-06-08 11:28 AM
    the problem is well i got the phone like 5 months ago lol and it never really bothered me but now it it. the service book has like media net and wap2 browser config and i dunno nerdy stuff.

her emails have been long gone. why would my phone totally get rid of the personal email option altogether when i restored it?
    Haha you callin me a nerd?! The problem is you cant log on to resend your service books, which will give you that option for the personal email. So in other words im stomped. Have you been able to add anyone on messenger?
    04-06-08 11:29 AM
    The personal email option you had was for her account and you would not have been able to use it. You need your own which is tied to your SIM.

04-06-08 11:31 AM
    Haha you callin me a nerd?! The problem is you cant log on to resend your service books, which will give you that option for the personal email. So in other words im stomped. Have you been able to add anyone on messenger?
    lol being called a nerd isnt a bad thing. no i havent been able to add anyone on messenger. i got the phone from her awhile ago 5 or 6 months lol. i asked her if she could give me the password she said no she forgot it. maybe i can email her and be like can you tell them to give it to me orr something? its been that long im sure i could live with out it

but i want the messengerr!! cant i just call the people the network people whatever and tell them the story?
    04-06-08 11:33 AM
    Wap browser = nerdy. LOL
    Knowing how to type was nerdy 25 years ago too. :-)

04-06-08 11:36 AM
    Yea you are funny as ****. Call the people yo and tell em to get yo ish workin right!
    04-06-08 11:36 AM
    You cannot use her password! Go back to the BIS website & create your own put in the pin & imei numbers.

Report back to us with any problems.

Last edited by Hazysky; 04-06-08 at 12:18 PM.
    04-06-08 11:37 AM
    You cannot use her password! Go back to the BIS website & create your own out in the pin & imei numbers.

Report back to us with any problems.

ill have to talk to the BIS people though to tell them the story? because my pin and imei numbers already registered. omgg edit! i got the password sent to my phone! will it work im not sure. hasnt gotten here yet. maybe i can change the email
    Last edited by xlovetheBERRYx; 04-06-08 at 11:55 AM.
    04-06-08 11:52 AM
    ill have to talk to the BIS people though to tell them the story? because my pin and imei numbers already registered. omgg edit! i got the password sent to my phone! will it work im not sure. hasnt gotten here yet. maybe i can change the email
    What you need to do is ask the lady you bought it from to get the PIN released from her account. When that is done you get it added to your account - you can log into the BIS website and create your own user name and password. Enter the PIN & IMEI numbers, set up your email and send the service books.
    04-06-08 12:21 PM
    Yes Hazysky is right. She prob. didnt have the pin released from the account and sold the phone to you anyways. You can actually release the pin yourself if you call in to the provider that she was using. The reps can walk you through the rest just make sure that you have a good half hour to get through everything
    04-06-08 02:33 PM
    Yes Hazysky is right. She prob. didnt have the pin released from the account and sold the phone to you anyways. You can actually release the pin yourself if you call in to the provider that she was using. The reps can walk you through the rest just make sure that you have a good half hour to get through everything
    ok thanks!
    04-06-08 02:57 PM
    Don't buy BB's off of ebay.
    04-06-08 03:39 PM
    I got my 1st berry off ebay with no problems But, everyone is different. Call the SP and make sure the previous owners' information is out of the system and not just the berry. Mine was not and when I tried to create a BIS account, they delete my information, too. Hey, **** happens

04-06-08 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD