Over the weekend my Curve began to freeze up repeatedly. I did battery pulls. I deleted programs I don't use. Still continued to freeze. I noticed that if I use the trackball immediately after a reset, it will work for a while and then frooze. If I don't use immediately, it just remains frozen. This continued for 3 days. Called AT&T and they sent a refurb.

I have transferred to replacement device via desktop manager and guess what...same problem. I have much more memory now since a lot of the prefilled pictures did not transfer for some reason. It shows I have 2465193 bytes.

So different device, same sim card and battery, same problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    12-16-08 11:37 PM
    That is extremely low follow this guide. You need to be above 12xxxxxx bytes. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:40 PM
    Sorry, I missed a digit. I have 24615193.
    12-16-08 11:52 PM
    I think I will attempt to upgrade OS and see if that helps. So far the same things are still happening on refurb device too.
    12-18-08 08:50 AM
    I believe it's my SIM card that is causing my curve to freeze and die. Just a couple of days ago my curve started to die, freeze, reboot (a few days AFTER the 1 year warranty period expired). I did battery pulls, recharged battery, complete clean and resintall of software/OS (4.5) using desktop manager and the same thing would happen. I needed a cell phone so I took the SIM card out of my curve and put it into an old phone I had kicking around but kept my BB with me because all my contacts are stored in it. The WHOLE day my curve did not freeze or die once. But as soon as I put my SIM card back into the curve DIE !!!! Battery pull......DIE !!!

Can it be my SIM card ? Can I get a new one ? I'm in Toronto Ontario Canada and am with Rogers. Please let me know if this is/has happened to you and your curve.
    06-02-09 08:51 PM
    I have the 8900 and have also experienced the same problem. Thinking it was my sim card, I requested and tried a new sim card and the trackball would still not work!

I have since sent the phone to be repaired but I was very hesitant as the trackball worked fine without the sim card. I've not had the phone long and it is very frustrating.
    06-06-09 08:07 AM
    You can get a new SIM card from Rogers, but I believe it cost $25 or more if they changed the price... though you should find out if it's refundable or can be returned if it's not your SIM card's problem...
    06-06-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD