For my BB Curve 8310:

I am trying to set up a way to have exceptions to profiless that are unique to a particular profile.

Example: When I go to bed, I would like to have certain individuals who are exceptions to a profile which will result in audible phone and text alerts, only...no vibrate.

Then, in another profile, have a profile that does not use the exceptions that I previously created, but uses exceptions that will audibly alert and vibrate.

The trouble I am having is that the exceptions that I create are used for all profiles. So, when using a different profile, I am stuck using the same attributes for the exceptions regardless of the profile.

I hope I am making sense. But, I have searched and searched, and I can't find a way to have various types of exceptions....I don't want just one set of exceptions that have the same attributes regardless of the profile used.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jim
    08-05-11 09:27 PM
    Exceptions apply across all profiles.
    08-05-11 09:40 PM
    Are there any apps that give one more flexibility?
    08-06-11 02:19 AM
    Sorry, I have no idea.
    08-07-11 12:46 PM
    For my BB Curve 8310:

I am trying to set up a way to have exceptions to profiless that are unique to a particular profile.

Example: When I go to bed, I would like to have certain individuals who are exceptions to a profile which will result in audible phone and text alerts, only...no vibrate.

Then, in another profile, have a profile that does not use the exceptions that I previously created, but uses exceptions that will audibly alert and vibrate.

The trouble I am having is that the exceptions that I create are used for all profiles. So, when using a different profile, I am stuck using the same attributes for the exceptions regardless of the profile.

I hope I am making sense. But, I have searched and searched, and I can't find a way to have various types of exceptions....I don't want just one set of exceptions that have the same attributes regardless of the profile used.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jim
    I know exactly what you mean. I used to be able to do what you describe with my first BB, a Pearl 8310 running OS 4 something. After I upgraded to a Storm2, I could no longer do it. Ppl have told me to get over it but it is a very important feature to me and enough to get me to leave my beloved BB for something else. I wonder if Android phones or the iphone have this cability?
    08-13-11 09:10 AM
    I wonder if Android phones or the iphone have this cability?
    Yes, I am waiting for 4G to "mature", then I'm trading mine in for an Android. Many more app choices. And, I almost never go to the web on my 8310....much too painful, only to be used when I have to find something.

Thanks.
    08-13-11 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD