I am asking you if this is possible? It seems like the only setting is for the phone to vibrate first, then stop and then it rings. Is it possible for the phone to vibrate while ringing simultaneously? This is a feature on my old phone that I miss.
    10-08-08 02:46 AM
    stock no, but there is an app that enables this. I forget what it's called though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 03:17 AM
    The app is called vib and ring works great search the CB store

10-08-08 04:31 AM
    The app is called vib and ring works great search the CB store

The app IS called vib and ring BUT I would like to add that it works only for phone calls. The only reason I mention this is I'm a crane operator and would much rather it work with all the messengers, emails, calenders, and what have you as it does with other devices. I emailed the designer about this hoping I had done something wrong but he says that it is only designed to work with the phone. I guess I'll get my calls but not reminders etc. Oh well.

10-08-08 07:25 AM
    you can already set the vib and ring by default for email, text, etc. you can have it vibrate up to 3 times on each one. i cant see having a ringer for email that was long enough to need the program to kick in. or i guess you could just have it vibrate only for those apps and you would be just as good. you wouldnt be able to hear the ringer anyway.
    10-08-08 02:07 PM
    Vibe and ring is the app and its on sale right now in the crackberry store like 8.00 and 30% off

10-08-08 02:09 PM
    what possible reason could RIM have had to make the phone only able to vibrate then ring... seriously, i just dont get it
    10-08-08 02:10 PM
    Just picked up vibandring, woo.
    10-08-08 02:47 PM
    this is kind of weird to me. I just got my VZW Curve Sept 11th and I have both. It vibrates 1st, then rings, then more vibration. It does that with all my text, emails, appointments etc.
    10-08-08 06:19 PM
    Because u have it on vib and then ring. Vibe and ring makes it do both simotaniously

10-08-08 06:21 PM
    oops sorry. miss read the initial post.
    10-08-08 06:25 PM
    I figure RIM made it this way for business users. It vibrates before the ring hoping that the ringtone doesn't even have to go off. I wear my BB on my hip and as soon as it starts to vibrate you know it. Not so much if carried in the pocket.
    10-08-08 06:38 PM
    The phone Vibrates first and then rings for that 1 specific reason not to disturb anyone if it doesnt need to. I like it that way honestly, and I have different alerts vibrate differetnly, 1x for sms, 2x for email, 3x for a phone call and each has thier own sound too if the phones not on me or if im in the car.
    10-08-08 06:49 PM
    what possible reason could RIM have had to make the phone only able to vibrate then ring... seriously, i just dont get it
    Howdy Dustin,

One reason may be that in the olden days, Blackberry's were mainly business phones, and if you were in a meeting or someone's office, it would vibrate and you had time to check and shut it off before it rang. Or if you were expecting a call and it was in your pocket, you'd feel it so you could answer it, without disturbing people around you.

Now that the Berries are in the non business population, more and more, reasons come to mind like not waking babies, and being one of those annoying loud ringers in quiet places seems like a good reason to vibrate first, ring second if you just happen to forget to turn the sound down or the ringer off. If I were king everyone would be issued paint ball guns when they went to the movies, so everyone could shoot the ***** with the constantly ringing cell phone (in the head).

Me I never feel the vibrating anyway, so shut it off. Personally I have more than enough sense to mute the phone or turn it off before I go some place that a ringing phone is rude/annoying/just plain wrong. But that's me.

Of course I am the guy with that ear splitting ringer that turns dogs into howling idiots, melts glass and opens worm holes, so I'd be one of those with all the paint on his head at the end of a movie.
    10-08-08 06:54 PM
    BBs were originally pagers...and if you look at the BB progression...that wasn't that long ago.

And there's the whole business/consumer market.

Something BB just doesn't see as an issue so they haven't changed since day 1. That's why we have 3rd party apps.
    10-08-08 07:15 PM
    They even put the message up on the screen to turn off cell phones....yet theres always that one person
    10-08-08 07:18 PM
    Me I never feel the vibrating anyway, so shut it off. Personally I have more than enough sense to mute the phone or turn it off before I go some place that a ringing phone is rude/annoying/just plain wrong. But that's me.

Of course I am the guy with that ear splitting ringer that turns dogs into howling idiots, melts glass and opens worm holes, so I'd be one of those with all the paint on his head at the end of a movie.
    Ah, BlkBear, you have become my new hero! A man (I assume! lol) after my own heart. You have identified all of the best reasons to set up your OWN Berry profiles and make it work for you. My favorite ringer is the Federal Q siren - so loud I have had people I've been riding with start to pull over for the fire engine! Nice post!!
    10-08-08 07:41 PM
    I can't seem to find where I can change this setting. Thanks!
    10-08-08 09:42 PM
    you can already set the vib and ring by default for email, text, etc. you can have it vibrate up to 3 times on each one. i cant see having a ringer for email that was long enough to need the program to kick in. or i guess you could just have it vibrate only for those apps and you would be just as good. you wouldnt be able to hear the ringer anyway.
    The thing is, sometimes due to the vibration of the equipment a little vibration on my hip goes unnoticed but a ring would not and vice versa so to have it do both at the same time as is the case with incoming phone calls would be more useful, would give a person more options. I use the plain old vib option more than anything as it is more often than not that I am emailing, texting, IM'ing, talking to, etc. multiple persons at any given time and know these noises are annoying to me and would absolutely believe that annoyance factor is greatly compounded for others.

10-09-08 01:55 PM
    I can't seem to find where I can change this setting. Thanks!

profiles-advance-and select which profile you want to edit
    10-09-08 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD