Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

I recently upgraded to OS 4.5 on my VZW Curve 8330. I am on a BES server but also have my gmail set on on BIS. I know that my BES server does not support the ability to save attachments yet, but should I be able to from my gmail account?

I tried some suggested solutions from the message boards such as resending my service books, etc. but nothing seems to be working...any suggestions?

thanks!
    01-16-09 09:48 AM
    Connect your BB to your PC, open the DM and verify the checkbox next to the Blackberry Attachment Service is checked, if not, check it and hit next and install the service. What process did you go through to resend your service books, just want to verify. Also it maybe your BES IT Policy, ask your local IT.
    Last edited by ghostshell; 01-16-09 at 10:32 AM.
    01-16-09 10:29 AM
    I think if you have an IT policy set on your phone for BES, it may also prevent your BIS email from saving attachments.
    01-16-09 10:29 AM
    What OS are you running?

Options>About

Whats your current FF(file free)

Options>Status

I though the same thing WNM, hopefully his IT can verify if the policy is blocking that feature.
    01-16-09 10:31 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the quick responses.

I am running 4.5.0.77.

I connected to DM and the attachment option was already checked off.

To resend the service books, from the service book option I deleted my BIS account, the CICAL one, and then resent the service books from my BIS account on the internet.

Do BES settings usually override BIS settings?

Thanks!
    01-16-09 10:47 AM
    I don't know if a BES setting is a blanket setting or is customizable. Could be as simple as blocking all emails expect for a specific address. It would be up to your company to change it.
    01-16-09 10:52 AM
    If you got your BB from your comp then its controlled by the BES vs like me i got mine from a store directly and dont have any IT Policy set, there is a way to clear the policy using a tool, but i wouldnt p*** off your IT.
    01-16-09 10:58 AM
    BlackBerry users fall in to one of two categories. You are either a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Service) or a BIS user (BlackBerry Internet Service). A BES user has received their BlackBerry mobile device from their workplace and all messages and data are handled on a special enterprise server. On the other hand, a great deal of BlackBerry users have purchased their own devices and fall under the BIS category, meaning that their messages and data are all handled on the BlackBerry Internet server. Both devices operate in most of the same ways, perform most of the same functions and look like every other BlackBerry model of the same type. Subtle differences may exist between the two depending upon which functions a company’s IT Department has disabled for their corporate employees.
    BIS users are all given access to their specific carrier’s BIS site. From the BIS site, BlackBerry users are able to manage their individual email accounts by editing outgoing signatures (such as the standard variation of “Sent from my BlackBerry device” that appears on all outgoing email), setting up filters, sending and resending service books and adding or deleting email accounts.
    Even though these sites exist for the benefit of controlling and maintaining your BlackBerry device, many BIS users don’t know the correct web address to access their BIS account. Listed below is a collection of BIS sites where, hopefully, you will find the proper one for your carrier:
    01-16-09 11:00 AM
    I got mine from the store, but then the company sets up the policy...the device is actually mine...

Does this mean I will most likely been unable to use this feature until they allow it?
    01-16-09 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD