Ok I am sure someone can help me. I tried the search and tried in those threads and no luck.

I have a OWA web link that I can access email from.

I have tried to setup my email manually on my curve, but no luck. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.
    08-16-09 01:40 AM
    This is the error I am getting

An error occurred during email account validation. Please check your information and try again. If the error persists please contact your System Administrator

I putting it exactly the way I access it from my pc, the user name and password and I get the above error.
    08-16-09 01:48 AM
    Due to it being a work email, it may have some sort of added security to it that makes it work differently than other web based emails, like Yahoo and Gmail. You would need to speak with someone from your job to get the device access to it.
    08-16-09 01:54 AM
    Due to it being a work email, it may have some sort of added security to it that makes it work differently than other web based emails, like Yahoo and Gmail. You would need to speak with someone from your job to get the device access to it.
    Why would I be able to access from the pc not the device. Could they have some type of limits on it that only allows access from a pc?
    08-16-09 01:57 AM
    Why would I be able to access from the pc not the device. Could they have some type of limits on it that only allows access from a pc?
    It could be set up to detect and block mobile devices, but that doesn't seem likely. I assumed there was some kind of security where they had to define the device into some sort of access list.

Is the PC you use, your personal machine?
    08-16-09 02:04 AM
    It could be set up to detect and block mobile devices, but that doesn't seem likely. I assumed there was some kind of security where they had to define the device into some sort of access list.

Is the PC you use, your personal machine?
    It is my home PC. I am able to access my work email from any PC, be it a desktop or laptop, anywhere that has internet access.
    08-16-09 02:06 AM
    You can use the forward options in outlook. Forward it in your gmail account who is also tied up in your email account over the blackberry. Disadvantge of this is you need to run the outlook in computer at all times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 03:27 AM
    You can use the forward options in outlook. Forward it in your gmail account who is also tied up in your email account over the blackberry. Disadvantge of this is you need to run the outlook in computer at all times.

Any other way to do this besides that. I can leave my email running at all times at work, no big deal.

I will just setup a new email through gmail to do this.

Thanks.
    08-16-09 08:08 AM
    Also I tried to get my school email to work as well and can not get that to work. This is a web based program through zimbra.

Thanks.
    08-16-09 08:10 AM
    There are three methods of retreiving OWA work email. 1. You can use BB redirector, 2. You can use BB Enterprise, 3. You can use your carriers BB site.

The easiest is your carriers BB site, same site you use to setup personal email accounts. However the OWA accounts only retrieve email about every 20min, not pushed like your personal email.

All these methods don't require outlook open, but BB redirector does require your PC to be on.

BES, obviously IT will need to provide you with an Enterprise activation code.

Hope this helps.

08-16-09 08:34 AM
    Ok I can access owa for my work email. How would I set that up on the blackberry. Is there some special code I need or something?
    08-16-09 09:11 AM
    david - You can go to your carrier blackberry site then setup an email account. Please follow this guide Setting up OWA Email Access on BIS
    08-16-09 11:11 AM
    david - You can go to your carrier blackberry site then setup an email account.
    That link does not work. I tried to access my blackberry site from the internet but it would not let me, if that is what you mean. On my phone I can setup email, but I can not access the bis from the pc

I got this link to work.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/se...ss-bis-208151/

edit: I got in on my pc, so let me see what I can do.
    Last edited by davids2004; 08-16-09 at 11:17 AM.
    08-16-09 11:13 AM
    David - That's weird. Then try it on your BB, please let us know if will work
    08-16-09 11:18 AM
    Ok got it working through the bis. I must have been putting wrong info when I was doing it on my phone.

Now I am trying to add my school email through zimbra, but not sure what they use. I always access my school email through the web. So not sure what they use.

If you could help with this that would be great as well.

Thanks for everyones help.
    Last edited by davids2004; 08-16-09 at 11:32 AM.
    08-16-09 11:28 AM
    David - Does your emails pushing on your bb device now?

08-16-09 11:34 AM
    David - Does your emails pushing on your bb device now?

If you are asking if I get my emails right away yes.

I have all my emails working except for my school email. All I know is I always have to access it from the web. Do not use any type of outlook or owa.
    08-16-09 11:36 AM
    Hmm if you can access your school emails thru the web then it's probably OWA.

Problem is, setting up OWA over BIS will not guarantee to work. I think it may varies on company policy or security.

I tried that one too, and gave up just using now the forward rules of outlook to gmail. It's just 1-3mins push time delayed. Not bad after all. But then again, you need to run your outlook to the computer at all times.
    Last edited by Battl3star; 08-16-09 at 11:46 AM.
    08-16-09 11:40 AM
    Well I do not think I can setup my school email. School email does not even have pop forwarding allowed.
    08-16-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD