I'm selling one of my 8330's to a friend and practically live @ work where we...of course....can't install all our luvly BB software onto our PC's. Isn't there sumwhere on the phone I can go to that will give me the option to wipe all my info out of it?

Thanx!
    09-30-08 02:29 PM
    Blackberry "Wipe-Handheld" command list
    • Options menu
    • Security Options
    • General Settings
    • Menu
    • Wipe handheld
    • Enter password ("Blackberry" or your business-assigned security password)
    09-30-08 02:32 PM
    I have never wiped my device using DM...dont even know if thats possible. To wipe from your handheld, follow this:

Options>Security options>General settings>Press menu key>wipe handheld
    09-30-08 02:33 PM
    You are a godsend! lol I was bout to drive myself nutz lookin for it! thnx
    09-30-08 02:34 PM
    You are a godsend! lol I was bout to drive myself nutz lookin for it! thnx

No problem....
    09-30-08 02:49 PM
    Crackmem has a wipe device option to wipe your BB from the PC.
    09-30-08 02:52 PM
    Crackmem has a wipe device option to wipe your BB from the PC.

There is a huge difference between wiping personal information and wiping the device OS.

If you use CrackMem, everything is wiped leaving a blank screen with a 507 error. That is fine if you have a corrupted OS and need to start fresh, but it is overkill if you just need a clean device to pass on.
    09-30-08 03:53 PM
    Yep, thanks guys!
    04-16-10 12:12 PM
    There is a huge difference between wiping personal information and wiping the device OS.

If you use CrackMem, everything is wiped leaving a blank screen with a 507 error. That is fine if you have a corrupted OS and need to start fresh, but it is overkill if you just need a clean device to pass on.
    Good looking. I thought they were the same reading through some threads
    04-18-10 08:30 PM
    yes, wiping personal information is a must...I got my storm off ebay and had the previous owners everything in there..pics, text,etc.
    04-18-10 08:49 PM
    any way to wipe os without the comp. I have a 8330 that i plug in and it says device not recognized. On all 4 of my comps. any suggestions on whats up with it. The charging port is good because playing around with it it actually read at one time.
    04-22-10 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD