I have recently put a computer in my garage, And would like to have internet on it. There is no cables ran to the garage, So I will have to pick up the signal via my wireless router that is in my house. Is there any way for my curve to pick that signal up, and transfer it to my shop PC?
    I dont have a data plan on my phone, I know with a data plan it has its own internet package, But thats not my question.
    Thanks for any help!
    01-18-09 09:54 AM
    I think you'll need a data plan for this to work. Also, HERE is another how-to thread on using your BB as a modem.
    01-18-09 09:57 AM
    Thanks, But im with telus, That doesnt really help me,
    01-18-09 10:04 AM
    Your 8330 doesn't have WiFi. Even if it did, it can't pick up a WiFi signal and transfer it to your computer.

You probably need to get a wireless extender for your router.
    01-18-09 10:06 AM
    Your 8330 doesn't have WiFi. Even if it did, it can't pick up a WiFi signal and transfer it to your computer.

You probably need to get a wireless extender for your router.
    Yes that's true with the WiFi. Thanks for pointing that out MM.
    01-18-09 10:08 AM
    Thanks everyone!
    01-18-09 10:09 AM
    add data plus tethering by calling VZW. You can use it through the data cable by tethering your phone.
    01-18-09 10:19 AM
    I have used a wireless extender to extend my routers ability from one end of the house, 2nd floor to the other end of the house on the 1st floor and it was like I was sitting at the router. I would seriously consider using a wireless extender in your situation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 10:22 AM
    add data plus tethering by calling VZW. You can use it through the data cable by tethering your phone.
    He's already stated that a data plan is not something he wanted.
    Go to Lifehacker.com and look up: How to boost your wireless signal. Also, depending on your router you might judt simply have to change a couple of settings and your signal should get stronger.

01-18-09 10:25 AM
    He's already stated that a data plan is not something he wanted.
    Go to Lifehacker.com and look up: How to boost your wireless signal. Also, depending on your router you might judt simply have to change a couple of settings and your signal should get stronger.

sorry, I read bits and pieces of that... i have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old running around my house causing my blood pressure to sky rocket!!! lol sorry.
    01-18-09 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD