We are now a three BB family, with my wife, my oldest son, and me having Curve 8310's. I use DM on my laptop to sync my device, but we have a family PC that my wife and children use.

How can they both use the single installation of DM on the PC to sync both their Curves, or can it be done? The help files in DM were not helpful.

Thanks for any assistance!
    05-12-08 12:10 PM
    My wife & I just upgraded from plain ol' phones to BBs - they should arrive Wednesday. I had the same question & anxiously await an answer from somebody in the know.

Sorry - no answer, but glad you asked.
    05-12-08 12:13 PM
    I have 2 BB's, and the PC/DM recognizes them individually, no settings to change. You will still need the OS from each BB installed on the PC. It recognizes the PIN's from the different BB's.
    05-12-08 12:15 PM
    "Someone in the know".

Thanks, Chaz.
    05-12-08 12:21 PM
    Sweet! So, assuming they are both running the same OS, nothing needs to be done, right?

Thanks much for the reply!
    05-12-08 12:23 PM
    I would say that's correct - makes sense, but mine are 2 diff OS's, so not positive.
    05-12-08 12:29 PM
    Worked like a charm! We just didn't let the process go far enough the first time before we panicked!

This time we let it go and all we had to do was config the sync.

Thanks again!
    05-12-08 12:35 PM
    With my 8300 and 8800 and now the 8310 the DM worked without any problems for each of them. Nothing had to be changed or updated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 12:49 PM
    Each BlackBerry is identified by the pin number so there will be no problem using multiple BlackBerrys on a single computer.

05-12-08 02:58 PM
    As everyone has indicated, each PIN/BB will create its own profile in DM. However, if you plan on syncing address books or calendars, make sure Outlook is setup for different Profiles. When you setup the sync in DM you can specify individual profiles from Outlook to sync your BB info to. That way, you and your wife will both have individual and separate info on both your BB and your Outlook profile, instead of stepping all over each other. Good luck.
    05-12-08 04:02 PM
    What if I want to sync my Outlook calendar with data from both Curves that I have? I have a work 8330 on a highly protected enterprise server and my wife has an 8300 for her home PC with Vista and Outlook. I want to combine our calendars, not keep them separate. Can this be done?
    08-19-08 09:34 AM
    I say try it and see. It probably depends on your BES restrictions.
    08-19-08 09:38 AM
    I'm showing my newbie status, but I'm not sure I understand having "the OS from each BB installed on the PC" in order to recognize the different PINs. I loaded the CD from my wife's carrier on her PC and it her 8300 synced fine. When I plugged in my work 8330, it would only erase the other PIN and sync to the new one; it wouldn't recognize two PINS. Is this because I have not loaded anything for my work 8330 on her laptop (different OS)? I don't think my IT department will give me any software for it.
    08-19-08 09:54 AM
    What do you mean by erased? When you plug your BB in, it will only show that specific BB's pin.
    08-19-08 09:57 AM
    It should work because DM recognizes each device by its pin

08-19-08 09:59 AM
    Actually, when I plugged in my work BB, it asked if I wanted to remove the data associated with the PIN for my wife's BB. (Forgive me, I'm not at home now and cannot give you the actual text of the message.)
    08-19-08 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD