hi guys - I have a BB Curve 8330 with Verizon. I am using OS 4.3.

When I receive emails, I can view pdf, excel and word attachments on my BB - which is awesome, I think.

I was wondering, can I choose a pdf, word or excel attachement and actually save that specific file somewhere on my BB ?

I know that I can save the entire message, but I was just curious if I can save a specific file.

thanks for any help.
    11-08-08 09:54 AM
    download attachment and select location - usually documents folder on your media card.
    11-08-08 10:02 AM
    ^^ save on media card.
    11-08-08 10:12 AM
    When you open the attachment it'll bring you to the list of attachments. Just scroll to whichever one you like, then menu-save, then like bia9977 said, it'll prompt you for a location.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 10:12 AM
    download attachment and select location - usually documents folder on your media card.
    thanks - I don't think I have a documents folder on my media card yet, just pictures and music.

So, I would just need to create a documents folder, right ?

Then in the future all documents need to be saved to the media card?

thanks again for the great help.

Jason.
    11-08-08 10:17 AM
    bia9977 - I can't figure out how to create a documents folder ( on my media card) to save my email attachments in.

Can you tell me ?
    11-08-08 10:28 AM
    Back up your picks and music to computer, format media card in Berry. It will create all necessery folders. Transfer music and picks to respective folders on media card and you're done. Easy

11-08-08 10:55 AM
    bia9977 - I can't figure out how to create a documents folder ( on my media card) to save my email attachments in.

Can you tell me ?
    When you save a document, it will prompt for a location. You should select media card (I'm going on pre Docs to Go Memory, lol). You do not need to create a folder, there is a default documents folder. When you want to find that document, you click on your media icon, then push your menu key and select explore. Your documents folder will be there.
    Last edited by exelant; 11-08-08 at 11:50 AM.
    11-08-08 11:47 AM
    Right excelant, thats what I was gonna say, there is a default documents folder, found the way described, you dont have to format anything, its already there, try it
    11-08-08 11:51 AM
    Yes, I was wrong. When I inserted brand new card BB automatically created folder structure on it.
    11-08-08 12:17 PM
    I am not sure but you might need OS v4.5 which includes a free mini version of DTG.

11-08-08 12:20 PM
    I am not sure but you might need OS v4.5 which includes a free mini version of DTG.

Hi All - thanks for the great feedback. Yes, it seems to me that the reason I can't save excel and word attachments is because I am on OS 4.3. I looked in past forum posts and it looks like others had the same problem. The menu doesn't give you the option to save.

However, I can save pdf attachments, but I think that is because they are rendered as "pictures."

I have verizon and I don't think they fully support the 4.5 OS - I thought I would wait because I am still a newbie and I have seen other posts where 4.5 doesn't work good yet.
    11-08-08 12:25 PM
    4.5 is now official on Verizon.

11-08-08 12:27 PM
    Verizon has released 4.5. Just look at the sticky in the top of the forum.
    11-08-08 12:28 PM
    You need to get 4.5 to save them. When docs to go standard is upggraded after the install it will let you save. Just the origianl install will create the documents folder.
    11-08-08 12:33 PM
    thanks, guys - one of these days I will get the courage to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.5. lol !

Jason
    11-08-08 12:37 PM
    I thought I read the VZW did not have Docs to Go. Anyone have any feed back on this? If it doesn't, one might consider using one of the other 4.5's to ensure Docs to Go is there.

11-08-08 12:54 PM
    VZW 4.5 does have doc to go, upgraded myself just yesterday from the VZW site.
    11-08-08 12:56 PM
    Still have to do the upgrade to docs to go in order to get sheets though.
    11-08-08 12:57 PM
    Still have to do the upgrade to docs to go in order to get sheets though.
    Good, did you have to select it during the install, or did it install with the OS. The reason I'm asking is I was helping a guy the other day and he could not find D2G anywhere after his Verizon upgrade, so when I help someone upgrade, I want to give the correct advice.
    Last edited by exelant; 11-08-08 at 01:30 PM.
    11-08-08 01:14 PM
    I need to do that. Will have to wait till I go somewhere with internet.

11-08-08 01:15 PM
    You have to check the box in apploader. You can go back and do that at any time.

11-08-08 01:18 PM
    Berryit, Lewis,

Make sure you rename your Docs to Go's extension so apploader doesn't delete it when you do any upgrades or back-up's. This will save you from needing to download the D2G upgrade every time you upgrade as well. I did it and it works great. It is a problem addressed by John Clark:

1. Navigate to C:/program files/common files/research in motion/loader files/<your BBModel and OS version>/
    2. Rename DocumentsToGo.alx to DocumentsToGo.old.

This way when Apploader is run, the loader will pick up Docs to Go as a 3rd party app and back it up and restore it normally. If you don't delete or rename the DocumentsToGo.alx file the loading process will downgrade the Docs To Go to the version included in the OS. We'll have to do this until RIM includes the new version in the OS packages.
    Last edited by exelant; 11-08-08 at 01:43 PM.
    11-08-08 01:23 PM
    You have to check the box in apploader. You can go back and do that at any time.

OK, this person couldn't find it in apploader either. I am pretty sure he missed something during his install, but we need to be careful with advice.
    Last edited by exelant; 11-08-08 at 01:27 PM.
    11-08-08 01:25 PM
    thanks, guys - one of these days I will get the courage to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.5. lol !

Jason
    PM your pin to me Jason and I'll help you through the upgrade.

Mike
    11-08-08 01:26 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD