That blackberry one is quite nice. I never was into the whole theme changing, I use my plain jane at&t one and its suits me fine however this black screen will be getting tested. Thanks!
    01-19-09 06:37 PM
    It's 13131181 bytes. I won't have a memory card until Wed so I have 1 song on there. I don't know how much that takes up. I don't see how you can delete themes. Once you've unlocked them, how do you get rid of the ones you don't like? Actually, I downloaded the CTU ringtone and it went down to 9061793. I deleted the 1 song I had and it is no 12096821. In order to get rid of the themes I will never use, can I go back into that file and re-enter the vendor number? Or do I need to re-install the OS? The only things I have downloaded other than the song and ringtone are the cnn and weather channel icons.

You are going to want to be careful about unlocking all the themes. Those
    things consume a huge amount of device memory. I'd be interested in what
    your file free is. Options > status
    Last edited by chele519; 01-19-09 at 08:58 PM.
    01-19-09 08:37 PM
    You know we are in the same boat...lol.

I've always did mine as OTA also, and always wondered how the zip files worked. I think you use your computer to do them
    Same for me - a quick lesson on how to install from the zip file would be appreciated
    01-19-09 09:20 PM
    If you double click the zip file, you can extract the files that are in there and then you will actually have the theme. Then connect and run the app loader and you can click on add and find the theme in the folder that you saved it in.

Same for me - a quick lesson on how to install from the zip file would be appreciated
    01-19-09 09:38 PM
    I found how to remove the themes by removing them from the java folder and it jumped up to 27mb. Thanks for bringing it up, I didn't realize how much memory they would take up. Since I'm so new to the bb, I would have thought it was just normally slow.

You are going to want to be careful about unlocking all the themes. Those
    things consume a huge amount of device memory. I'd be interested in what
    your file free is. Options > status
    01-19-09 09:41 PM
    I found how to remove the themes by removing them from the java folder and it jumped up to 27mb. Thanks for bringing it up, I didn't realize how much memory they would take up. Since I'm so new to the bb, I would have thought it was just normally slow.
    Excellent! You were headed for bad time being that low in memory. Your
    phone would eventually start deleting things it feels are not important, like
    SMS/MMS, emails, call logs, etc..

I only keep one 3rd party theme on my phone. I also removed two of the
    Dimension themes as the one I do use does not need them. Since I am not
    big on themes it works for me.
    01-19-09 10:03 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD