I've done some searching around here, but can't find the answer. I'd like to create a menu icon that will take me directly to a webpage, say my banks mobile page. Is there a way to do this? Any help is appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 06:21 PM
    What bank are you seeking?

If there is a launcher available, cool, if not, you can always log into their webpage and add a bookmark.

Last edited by BergerKing; 09-02-09 at 06:29 PM.
    09-02-09 06:23 PM
    Sounds like you want Launchpads. It's an app that lets you create icons for web pages and other shortcuts on your device. It's available at the App Store for $1.99. You can also check Blackberry Launchers for a list of many different BB Launchers, which may include your mobile bank.
    09-02-09 06:46 PM
    I'm actually looking to help a friend. He dl the facebook app from the app store did a battery pull and the app is not in the menu but is in his app list. I recently brought my bb to verizon and the rep added an icon to my menu that opened my browser and linked to the chase mobile site. The rep didn't use an app. Is there any way to create an icon to link to facebook without having to dl an app to create it?

09-02-09 07:00 PM
    Your OP talked about a bank website and now you are talking about Facebook. Is this two different issues?

For the bank website, you need to use a launcher as indicated above.

The Facebook application should automatically create an icon on the device if it was installed on the device (which it would appear that it was).

Your friend show make sure that the icon isn't hidden.

And should also check to be sure that the icon isn't in a folder. Check ALL the folders including Documents to Go.

Sometimes the icons just end up in weird locations.
    09-02-09 07:35 PM
    Your OP talked about a bank website and now you are talking about Facebook. Is this two different issues?

For the bank website, you need to use a launcher as indicated above.

The Facebook application should automatically create an icon on the device if it was installed on the device (which it would appear that it was).

Your friend show make sure that the icon isn't hidden.

And should also check to be sure that the icon isn't in a folder. Check ALL the folders including Documents to Go.

Sometimes the icons just end up in weird locations.
    Thanks for the info. I was just using the bank as an example. I'm trying to create an icon for facebook for my friend. We've looked in all folders and chose 'show all' in the menu. The icon is still not appearing. I thought it would just be easier to uninstall the Facebook app alltogether and create a 'shortcut' to facebook that launches the browser and takes you to the site.
    09-02-09 08:26 PM
    The icon has to be on the Home Screen somewhere...wouldn't be in your Apps list otherwise. Did you look in the Community folder?
    09-02-09 09:03 PM
    Take a look in the "Community" folder. For some odd reason when Facebook installs itself it creates it's icon in a folder called "Community" something I believe. I had the hardest time trying to find that icon, but by chance I looked in that one folder and there it was.

Hope this helps...
    09-02-09 09:11 PM
    Take a look in the "Community" folder. For some odd reason when Facebook installs itself it creates it's icon in a folder called "Community" something I believe. I had the hardest time trying to find that icon, but by chance I looked in that one folder and there it was.

Hope this helps...

Good suggestion... I've searched in all the folders for the FB icon... nothing. I don't see a community folder anywhere, or anything similar to that... I did click on to show all.
    Last edited by tanyalasagna234; 09-02-09 at 09:46 PM.
    09-02-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD