Ok so I just got my new curve 8330 and put in an SD media card and formatted it with the phone.

I installed the annoying BB Desktop Manager.

Anyway I have the BB set to:

Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes

Whenever I plug the BB in and try to access it through the Desktop Manager it sees the phone and phone memory and see's the media card but when I try to select the media card it gives me a Prompt saying to Activate Mass Storage Mode on my device.

If I try to access it through My Computer on Windows like an external drive, a drive shows up but when I click it my phone keeps prompting me asking to turn on Mass Storage? Yes/No and I say yes then computer finally says to insert something into the drive like nothing is there.

This is really pissing me off.
    11-02-08 12:58 AM
    Try turning off Auto enable mass storage. Then when you connect it select yes. And also make sure your memory card is inserted correctly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 06:29 AM
    yep. select prompt
    11-02-08 07:39 AM
    I have changed the selection to Prompt and No and then pressed the menu button and selected enable USB Mass Media Storage.

I have gone through all the "Help" sections with the CDrom instruction and googled around.

The card works fine. I formatted it to the phone then after I was having the problem I pulled the card and used a card reader.

It had the "Blackberry" folder with sub folders for music, video, pics ets.

I put some music in the music folder with the card reader and reinstalled it into my BB and it reads and plays all the music fine.

I'm just having problems with it connecting to my PC and having to constantly take out the battery and media card to use a card reader is just a huge PIA.
    11-02-08 10:29 AM
    Well I figured it out and fixed the problem.
    11-02-08 03:07 PM
    can you tell me how you fixed it? I am having the same issues! TIA
    11-02-08 03:31 PM
    I bought a new SD card.

The one I was using was from my old phone. I had removed it from my old phone and formatted it on my PC then put it in my BB and formatted it to the phone.

I kept getting that problem so I said screw it.

The Blockbuster near me sells Kingston memory cards and flash drives.

I got a 2gb Micro SD card for $12.99 and got a 1gb black flash drive for my key chain for $6.99.

It works perfect now.
    11-02-08 03:36 PM
    I to have a card from my old phone, complete with music, photo's etc that I want to keep. It works fine in my 8330, ie I can play tunes, view photos etc.

(My dealer simply whipped it out of the old phone & inserted it in the 8330, so no formatting etc)

Just trying to get the software working on my PC, & it connects to the phone, asks for my password etc, but I get the same message "Activate Mass Storage Mode on my device."

However when I go to the device to do that, the "Mass Media Mode Support"
    in options/media card/ is set to "Off", (looks like a tiny red padlock icon to the left of it) & there is no option to change the off to on!

Is there some other place to set media card status other than under under "options"?

I also can't get my PC to "see" it as a normal dive, so I can't simply download the content, & re format in the device, (& I don't want to lose my stuff!

This is a hellofaway to spend a Sunday!

Bruce
    11-02-08 04:33 PM
    Is Media Card Support off with the padlock.

Or is that one and Mass Storage Mode Support is off with a padlock?
    11-02-08 06:16 PM
    The Padlock is on the Mass Storage Mode Support, immediately to the left of the "off".

Update, I put the card back in my old phone, everything came across fine, so I have everything saved. Reinserted the card into the 8330, hit format, did it's format, now showing entirely empty, & still can't access.

There's gotta be a way to get that little padlock off!

Thanks
    11-02-08 06:54 PM
    Not so lucky for me. I tried with new card and it's still not working... what happened???

Basically my problem is like this:

The very first time I connect my BB to my laptop, something prompt up and I forgot what I have selected (either yes or no) and that's it. The next time I connect there is nothing prompting anymore and i cannot utilize the microSD card with my Explorer.

So literally every time i wanna upload stuff to my bb, i have to take out the cover and battery and put the card into card reader... It's soooooo annoying. And seems like this is a frequent problem here. Any real solution to this?

Appreciate if one can help...
    11-05-08 03:11 AM
    I cant seem to get into my micro SD card on my BB8310???
    11-05-08 03:59 AM
    @Gadget junkie.
    The memory card slides into the medal flap then you don't just seat it in the area with the connector pins it actualy goes in the medal part.

@james3G
    Goto options>media card>
    Then under when connected change that to prompt ;-)

11-05-08 05:38 AM
    For the poster with the pad lock. Try going to options>media card then set encryption to none

11-05-08 05:40 AM
    @james3G
    Goto options>media card>
    Then under when connected change that to prompt ;-)

Hi MarsVolta,

I tried that, but still it can't work. Any other ways? I hv tried:
    When connect: No
    When connect: Yes
    When connect: prompt
    Hot battery pull after changing this option
    Memory cleaning at Security Option

Wat else??? I am so frustrated... Hope you guys can help...
    11-05-08 07:31 AM
    Anyone can help...?
    11-08-08 12:52 AM
    I had this problem and it ended up being a driver issue at initial install. While BB is plugged into PC, go into device manager and expand disks. Remove anything BB and then reboot PC while BB is still plugged in. PC should see devices and reinstall. Advice came from RIM tech support
    11-08-08 01:13 PM
    I had this problem and it ended up being a driver issue at initial install. While BB is plugged into PC, go into device manager and expand disks. Remove anything BB and then reboot PC while BB is still plugged in. PC should see devices and reinstall. Advice came from RIM tech support
    Thanks for your input but i need to clarify something:

- Expand Disk or USD? (Because I cannot see anything at **** except my harddisk.

- I try to remove the USB driver but it installed itself when i next reconnect. So it doesnt work...

Please advice...
    11-10-08 01:22 AM
    You could goto the blackberry web site and download the latest USB drivers for your phone. With a MicroSD card in the phone, when prompted to go into mass media mode and you say OK, the MicroSD card should show up like a normal USB drive in your PC.
    11-10-08 06:23 AM
    You could goto the blackberry web site and download the latest USB drivers for your phone. With a MicroSD card in the phone, when prompted to go into mass media mode and you say OK, the MicroSD card should show up like a normal USB drive in your PC.
    I seems can't find the link for USB driver update... any help from you guys?
    11-17-08 02:07 AM
    james3g-

try this: blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

and select Blackberry USB and Modem Drivers.
    11-24-08 12:10 PM
    Ok different problem same topic . I added a new sd card and when its active my bb responds very slow so I have to have it deavtivated for everyday use. Help
    11-24-08 02:31 PM
    Hi:

I have question...i have a blackberry pearl and i am having the same issues with the stupid software telling me turn on mass storage. Well i finally turned it on to see if it worked (i dont have a memory card-never needed one) the pics are directly on the phone. I have tried it with off...still does not work.

i just want to get the few pictures i have directly on the phone ...

I cant email or text them because i dont have the data package...i never used it and it was a waste of money. I am ready to throw this phone out the window and use a cheap Nokia i have.

Does anyone know if its possible to get the pics off without the memory card. I have had a million phones and am familiar with many phones but this is the first time i have had such a hard time with something so simple. Maybe its just not possible??
    03-30-09 07:50 PM
    Sd card will not format on PC or
    BB 8330.

Help this the second one I have tried.
    04-19-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD