BB 8320The camera application does not open to be able to use it. When choosing the camera icon on the screen the application seems to try to open but it doesn't. A dialog box comes on with the following message: COULD NOT START THE CAMERA. CLOSE OTHER APPLICATIONS AND TRY OPENING THE CAMERA AGAIN.

In the past it happened once and was advised to remove the battery and after placing the BB on a flat surface to apply digital pressure on the devise itself. The camera application work fine for a while. Now I have encountered the same situation. Any advise ??????
    04-11-09 12:27 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 12:32 PM
    If you mean if I removed the battery....the answer is yes
    04-11-09 12:34 PM
    Just checked the video camera application and it opens momentarily and closes immediately so I asume the entire camera application is blocked
    04-11-09 12:44 PM
    Hmmm..... this is a tricky one.

Have you tried applying analog pressure?

Ok....... please forgive me, I just couldn't resist it!

(And by the way, what IS digital pressure?).
    04-11-09 12:46 PM
    When trying to launch the camera application on the BlackBerry smartphone, the following error message appears:

Could not launch camera application, close other applications and then try again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause
    This issue may be caused by one of the following:

There are too many open applications on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    There is a physical problem with the integrated camera.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
    Cause 1

There are too many open applications on the BlackBerry smartphone.

There are multiple resolutions for this cause.

Resolution 1

Close all applications on the smartphone. On the BlackBerry smartphone, display the menu and select Close.

Resolution 2

Perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02141. Attempt to open the camera application again.

Resolution 3

Warning: The following procedures will delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data prior to performing the procedure. For instructions, see KB12487.

Run the smartphone through the application loader tool. For instructions, see KB02318 under Application Loader tool.

Cause 2

There is a physical problem with the integrated camera.

Resolution

If all the above have been attempted and the camera application does not open, contact your service provider for further assistance.
    04-11-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD