I posted a couple of weeks ago that all of my pictures come out blue. One person answered... said i should clean the lens.

Ok... the pictures are still BLUE... doesnt matter what light setting I use, they're all identically BLUE. Why is this happening? Should I make Verizon look at it?

I'm trying to take pictures of vinyl samples for work so I can email them to my ad agency... and each vinyl that's white is now BLUE.
    02-11-09 09:24 AM
    I've never found the white balance wonderful on the 8330, but not the kind of colour shift you're talking about.

This may sound obvious, but do you have some sort of cover on your BB? Not necessarily that covers the lense, but is close enough to influence the exposure or throw off the Auto WB?
    02-11-09 09:28 AM
    nope no cover... just the pouch she came in
    02-11-09 01:10 PM
    have you tried a battery pull..
    02-11-09 01:13 PM
    I posted a couple of weeks ago that all of my pictures come out blue. One person answered... said i should clean the lens.

Ok... the pictures are still BLUE... doesnt matter what light setting I use, they're all identically BLUE. Why is this happening? Should I make Verizon look at it?

I'm trying to take pictures of vinyl samples for work so I can email them to my ad agency... and each vinyl that's white is now BLUE.
    I had that problem too with one of my phones (I've had like 10 of them in the last month -- they were all defective). I never found a way to fix it, but it definitely isn't normal, as none of the other ones had it. I did notice that it wasn't as noticeable when I took a picture from farther away. One of the other 8330s that I had did take RED pictures though, which was so strange!!

In any case, good luck, and I hope you find some answers!
    02-11-09 01:26 PM
    The problem is in the light sensor that is used. If you take a photo outside with natural lighting you should have no problems, but if a photo is taken inside without natural light, you will see a lot of grainy lines and shifted color balancing. It's just something I've learned to deal with. It sucks, but gotta deal with it.
    02-11-09 01:45 PM
    Also, fluorescent lighting will give a blue hue. I don't think as much as you're describing, though.
    02-11-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD