Hey guys, I have a bb 8300 at&t. I dont use the phone it is just a spare battery charger lol. But I have a friend who is interested in it for use on TMobile. So I got it unlocked. I was trying to figure out what is wrong with the camera. So I disassembled the phone because I wanted the white keyboard for my 8330 anyway. Got it apart and pushed down on the camera and noticed it wiggles in its holder. So i wiggled it a little and then put the phone back together.

Whala! Camera is now working...........or so I thought.

It has a blue haze and when I move it over a person it looks like infrared.
    Almost like it is picking up slight picture but noticing heat. Its weird so I tried
    to snap a picture and it takes the pic and makes the sound. But instead of displaying the image after taking it shows blank white screen.

Then I go to my pictures and it has the picture but when I try to open
    it it goes to a black screen with a small red "X" in the top left corner.

so hmmmm...... I wonder what is wrong. So I decide to try the video camera.

It starts and I press record......Video is working but also has the blue haze just not as bad.
    If I try to look outside it almost comes up with a perfect clear picture in the video. So I save
    and it plays the video back the same way with the haze and interference.

So now I wonder if the camera could be changed???? If so anyone have any spare bb's laying around they
    have used for parts? and may not need the camera? If so contact me.

If anyone has any advice please help if ya can.

Thanks for reading this..

to contact me you can reach me via pin msg or bbm
    31c940c6
    or through the forum. Thanks in advance
    03-15-09 04:53 PM
    here is a link to a video of the video camera in action. Its on youtube
    03-15-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD