Curve 8830 VZW OS 4.3.0.127 2 months old. Camera was working at least a week or so ago. Today shapes can clearly be made out but colors as well as black and white are very off. Occasional snow and weird shadings. If I take a picture nothing is saved.

Is it something I could have done? What caused it? What can I do to fix it? Is this a hardware or software problem?
    Last edited by jkannry; 09-13-08 at 12:54 PM.
    09-13-08 12:50 PM
    Your post indicates you have an 8830. That device does not have a camera.

If you are using a different device, like the 8330, check the Camera Options. There are setting for White balance and Color Effects. The default settings are Automatic and Normal.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-13-08 at 01:02 PM.
    09-13-08 12:56 PM
    I think this is a hardware issue and if you are under warranty it should be replaced.

I had the same thing happen to me but one day my bb took a hard fall and the camera started working. lol
    09-13-08 12:57 PM
    Your post indicates you have an 8830. That device does not have a camera.

If you are using a different device, like the 8330, check the Camera Options. There are setting for White balance and Color Effects. The default settings are Automatic and Normal.
    I have to fix my profile. I had some sort of mental block where I created a dyslexic model number
    09-13-08 01:03 PM
    I think this is a hardware issue and if you are under warranty it should be replaced.

I had the same thing happen to me but one day my bb took a hard fall and the camera started working. lol
    Theoretically I wonder if a hard fall could cause the same problem
    09-13-08 01:06 PM
    This happened to my friend's curve on at&t when it fell off a balcony, while drunk, into a pile of snow. :-) they determined it to be unfixable and gave her a new warrantee replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 02:58 PM
    This happened to my friend's curve on at&t when it fell off a balcony, while drunk, into a pile of snow. :-) they determined it to be unfixable and gave her a new warrantee replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Which was unfixable? The berry or the berry owner. A fall off of a balcony while drunk (not too many people fall off of a balcony while sober!) is bad for both!
    09-13-08 04:57 PM
    Haha sorry, bad wording. My friend's BlackBerry fell off the balcony from her hand, while she was attempting to text while drunk. The Curve was unfixable and they replaced it for free.
    09-14-08 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD